HMS Beagle from OcCre [COMPLETED BUILD]

What did you use for filling small gaps on the second layer? I am having a hard time finding a good colour match to my Amati walnut planking
I didn't fill in the second layer of planking. I really carved even the smallest pieces of Sapeli and filled even the smallest holes.

In your case, I might try to make a putty with glue and wood, which he used for the second planking and finally stained with mordant walnut.

I use special water-soluble mordants.

Excellent finish of the veneer. I was given an incomplete Artesania Latina "Botter" kit and use the veneer strips within for many projects.
Thanks for the updates!
FWFS,

The deck looking very busy with guns and all furniture. The question I have, however, is there any reason your artillery (cannons) are not facing the gun ports?

The deck looking very busy with guns and all furniture. The question I have, however, is there any reason your artillery (cannons) are not facing the gun ports?
This ship became famous for having the famous scientist Charles Darwin on board on the second voyage.

Taken from the wiki:

The Cherokee-class brig-sloops had the reputation of being "coffin brigs", which handled badly and were prone to sinking. By helping the decks to drain more quickly with less water collecting in the gunnels, the raised deck gave Beagle better handling and made her less liable to become top-heavy and capsize.

Back