HMS Bounty 1/100, Mamoli MV52

SSC

Well, I decided to record my progress on the HMS Bounty. For two purposes:
First, I would like to use this log to drive my work. If people are watching me then I would not get lazy to play around for something else.
Second, I am new in building ships. Thus if I make some mistakes, you experienced captains can point them out for me on time. And I would really appreciate for it!

The current challenges also come from two sides.
First, English is not my mother tongue. I do not know the names of most parts of the model (well, not just in English but even in Chinese). So sometimes it would be hard for me to describe the problems I meet.
Second, I live in a small apartment(a cheap studio). So I do not have a good workspace. I am also lacking of good tools and sometimes I would pretty worried about the noise.

But anyway, let's start and see how far I can move. Hopefully I would get a nice ship in the end.

The kit was purchased from www.micromark.com. Their price is lower than Amazon or any other merchants. I paid $180 in total (kit: $153, shipment: $18, tax: $9). Price on other website is normally around $240,

Here is the box:
IMG_20210714_043415.jpg

First day's work:
IMG_20210628_192357.jpg

Then I purchased several sanding tools, a tiny electric drill and a mini harmer:
IMG_20210714_044840.jpg

Now I am working on the planking.
IMG_20210714_034340.jpg

And I am a little bit worried about the two places in the red circle.
One is that the wooden stick is broken.
Another is that I need to sand and adjust the curvature of the rib to make sure the wooden stick can fill the gap.
InkedIMG_20210714_040150_LI.jpg

Also, I have not yet purchased any paint. Is there any recommendation?
Cheers,
Sun

Good weekend,
Today is the day for planking.
I got up at 7:30. Started to work at 8:00 am and finished the planking at 8:30 pm. Without any time wasted for lunch and dinner.
IMG_20210717_124440.jpg
IMG_20210717_140943.jpg
IMG_20210717_203803.jpg
Well, it is not perfect, but since it's my first ship, I would say it should be acceptable.
I can do much better and faster next time.
CHEERS,
Sun

It is looking good Sun!
It is a hobby, so take your time, don`t forget to eat and drink!
Are you a math student?

It is looking good Sun!
It is a hobby, so take your time, don`t forget to eat and drink!
Are you a math student?
Thanks for the kindly reminder.
I am a student in Mechanical engineering. But my work is in the area of computational mechanics, and some people may take it as applied mathematics or other similar name.

Well, I decided to record my progress on the HMS Bounty. For two purposes:
First, I would like to use this log to drive my work. If people are watching me then I would not get lazy to play around for something else.
Second, I am new in building ships. Thus if I make some mistakes, you experienced captains can point them out for me on time. And I would really appreciate for it!

The current challenges also come from two sides.
First, English is not my mother tongue. I do not know the names of most parts of the model (well, not just in English but even in Chinese). So sometimes it would be hard for me to describe the problems I meet.
Second, I live in a small apartment(a cheap studio). So I do not have a good workspace. I am also lacking of good tools and sometimes I would pretty worried about the noise.
But anyway, let's start and see how far I can move. Hopefully I would get a nice ship in the end.
The kit was purchased from www.micromark.com. Their price is lower than Amazon or any other merchants. I paid $180 in total (kit: $153, shipment: $18, tax: $9). Price on other website is normally around $240,
Here is the box:
First day's work:
Then I purchased several sanding tools, a tiny electric drill and a mini harmer:
Now I am working on the planking.
And I am a little bit worried about the two places in the red circle.
One is that the wooden stick is broken.
Another is that I need to sand and adjust the curvature of the rib to make sure the wooden stick can fill the gap
Also, I have not yet purchased any paint. Is there any recommendation?
Cheers,
Sun
Hallo @SSC
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back