HMS Bounty by Canoe21 { Lawrence } using Amati build plans, Scale 1:60

GemmaJF said:
Case is looking superb Lawrence :handgestures-thumbup:

Hello Gemma

Thank you for your visit to my build log and for your very nice words and comments. Not much achieved yesterday on the display case, but hope to do a bit more today, ENJOY.

Regards Canoe21 { Lawrence }

Hi Lawrence,
I am watching with great interest your progress with the display case for Bounty. I gave been thinking to make my own display case as they are so expensive. Looking good thanks for sharing. :banana-dance: :banana-rock:
:music-rockout: :handgestures-salute:

Sgtmik said:
Hi Lawrence,
I am watching with great interest your progress with the display case for Bounty. I gave been thinking to make my own display case as they are so expensive. Looking good thanks for sharing. :banana-dance: :banana-rock:
Hello Mike

Thanks very much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and overly nice comments. This display case was supposed to cost me around $ 30.00, as all of the Cherry wood was given to me many years ago so figured this was a good place to use some of it. I did have the glass for it but in cutting one of the larger panels it ran the wrong way and I had to order a new piece at $ 38.00. But even then my cost will be under $ 70.00 but I guess that is not all that bad, ENJOY.

That's a great price as many cost in excess of 400.00 :angry-banghead: :text-thankyouyellow:

Sgtmik said:
That's a great price as many cost in excess of 400.00 :angry-banghead: :text-thankyouyellow:

Hello Mike

Yes, I do know that for sure, that is why the rest of my Fleet do not have cases to live in as yet. The big hang up using glass is it tends to make the display case very heavy, but the cost is not all that bad, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Nice display case Lawrence,my Armed Virginia Sloop still wraped in plastic bags becouse I am lasy to build a case. :sad:

zoly99sask said:
Nice display case Lawrence,my Armed Virginia Sloop still wraped in plastic bags becouse I am lasy to build a case. :sad:

Hello Zoltan

Thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and also for your nice comments. The display case is not all that hard to build, the biggest problem that I found is that it is big and bulky, or is it that I am just spoiled for working on my model ships for so long. Well, today I did manage to cut out the side door frame, cut the glass to fit and then stained it. Tomorrow I will give a coat of varnish and glue it up, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the HMS Bounty. For your very kind words and overly nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little Fellows and I completed the building of the door for our display case for Bounty. We stained and varnished it to match the rest of the display case. We installed the two hinges and tidied things up just a bit. We still need to touch up a bit of the stain and varnish, cut the glass for the top and wait two or three weeks for the door latches to arrive. Never the less we moved the display case into our living room and installed HMS Bounty inside, and she seems rather content in her own little space, ENJOY.

PS Sorry about the reflectionsimg_4443.jpgimg_4444.jpgimg_4445.jpgimg_4446.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lawrence

Very nice work.
You use glas or plexy?
What thickness?
Anyway, its looking perfect. Probably one day I do display case for my ship!

Thanks for sharing!!

Barba

Sgtmik said:
A piece of art. :greetings-clapyellow:

Hello Mike

Thank you very much for your visit to my build log. And for your very kind words. My Admiral and I are both very pleased with just how nice the display case come out and how well HMS Bounty fits inside, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

barba said:
Hi Lawrence

Very nice work.
You use glas or plexy?
What thickness?
Anyway, its looking perfect. Probably one day I do display case for my ship!

Thanks for sharing!!

Barba

Hello Barba

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on the HMS Bounty. For your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes, I did use glass as I did have it on hand. But then I broke a piece and it cost me $ 38.00 for a replacement, just doubling my cost for the display case. I did think of using Acrylic, panels as it is much easier to work with and so very much lighter, but the cost is also very expensive, ENJOY.
I used .125" or 3 mm thick glass.
Regards Lawrence

Thanks for sharing you HMS Bounty with all of us, particularly the information/prices for the case. Down the road, I'll be thing about a case for my Syren build.

bbrockel said:
Thanks for sharing you HMS Bounty with all of us, particularly the information/prices for the case. Down the road, I'll be thing about a case for my Syren build.

Hello Bob

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments. Please stop by often, your words and comments are always welcome here. I am always pleased to have a new crew member on board, please pull up a chair and join in on the building of the Golden Hinde that is about to begin. You will find that the door to the Old Ship Yard is never closed, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

PS - I was able to build my display case so cheaply because I had the wood given to me years ago and I did have all of the glass but one piece ran the wrong way and it cost me almost $ 40.00 for one piece of replacement glass, just doubling my overhaul cost. But I did get my display case for a very good price.

Lawrence -- Great build.
It seems like a lot of interest in display cases, I wonder if a separate topic somewhere on display cases would be useful. I am already thinking about one myself and see the prices are very high. I will also probably make one and buy the glass. One a model gets covered in dust it is virtually impossible to clean up. DAHIKT.
Doug

Hello Ship Mates.

I have restoring the pictures that were lost in my HMS Bounty Build log, I have even added a few extra ones on page one, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hi Captain Lawrence

I am glad you managed to restore the photos.

I have watched and enjoyed your work since I started Model Ship building and we have become friends because of that in our build logs.

A also remember you posting some very calming videos on some of your builds. I think I will look them up tomorrow and watch them again my good friend.

Cheers
Geoff

Back