HMS BOUNTY MANTUA KIT - STERN View

Pwh

First time I am building a kit from Mantua. The pictures and instructions I would rate as poor. I'm having difficulty visualizing how to complete the stern. There are plenty of pictures showing the final look. Does anyone of pictures of the stern ideally at different stages of the build. I have not found any to-date.

First time I am building a kit from Mantua. The pictures and instructions I would rate as poor. I'm having difficulty visualizing how to complete the stern. There are plenty of pictures showing the final look. Does anyone of pictures of the stern ideally at different stages of the build. I have not found any to-date.
hello did you get pictures of the stern. I am doing the sergal bounty and its not clear hoow the stern is done thanks

I looked at several sources within Model Ship World. Also downloaded instructions from Occre's Bounty which has pictures. I found in general with the kits that they show great pictures of the bow but limited views of the stern. Hope that helps.

I have a completed Artesania Bounty. I can take pictures of any angle that you want. FWIW I would forget about what the kit wants you to do, I would modify it to be as accurate to reference material you have available.

This is a pic of the Bounty replica:

1702796563363.png

And this is a pic of mine:

1702796597501.png

Yes, I know it is far from accurate and it is full of mistakes and ... ummm ... "artistic choices" ... but this is one of my earlier models :)

I looked at several sources within Model Ship World. Also downloaded instructions from Occre's Bounty which has pictures. I found in general with the kits that they show great pictures of the bow but limited views of the stern. Hope that helps.
Thanks

Thanks for the picture of your model. It shows me how the stern should look. The model looks great and I will be pleased if the one I am doing turns out as good as yours.

Back