HMS BOUNTY

I AM PLANNING ONBUILDING A BOUNTY FROM PLANS ONLY. I NNED SOME EDUCATION AS TO WHAT I AM LOOKING AT ON THE PLANS. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PICTURES AND EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO GO ABOUT MAKING THESE FRAMES ESPECIALLY THE LAST TWO THAT DONT EVEN LOOK LIKE FRAMES.. THANKSSOMUCHILLL POST PICS OF THE PLANS I AM USING TOMORROW.... LESTER

FRAME 2.jpgFRAME 35.jpgFRAMES 33,34,35.jpgFRAMES 39 THRU 42.jpg

I AM PLANNING ONBUILDING A BOUNTY FROM PLANS ONLY. I NNED SOME EDUCATION AS TO WHAT I AM LOOKING AT ON THE PLANS. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PICTURES AND EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO GO ABOUT MAKING THESE FRAMES ESPECIALLY THE LAST TWO THAT DONT EVEN LOOK LIKE FRAMES.. THANKSSOMUCHILLL POST PICS OF THE PLANS I AM USING TOMORROW.... LESTER

Hallo Lester,
drawing 1 and 2 is each showing a frame, with the 3 dimensional view of the frame fore (red arrows) and also aft (blue arrows)

FRAME 35.jpg

according these lines each frame has to be beveled / sanded

The other two drawings are showing the necessary timber, when the frames are made according the Hahn´s construction method......
Maybe @Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) can explain this more in detail.....

Here are some photos I borrowed from Olivers log, which will partly explain the use

20190312_232942.jpg 20190312_230149.jpg 20190319_213944.jpg

Uwe, is there any tutorial video where we can learn how to make these arrows that you use on one image?

Uwe, is there any tutorial video where we can learn how to make these arrows that you use on one image?
I do not know, if there is a tutorial available, but I guess so......I tried with trial and error......
I do it easily with the software "paint", which most of you have on their computer.

Unbenannt1.JPG

This is a screen shot of the software:
The arrows are only painted lines, so every arrow is painted with three lines.
1) define "line" (red arrow)
2) define thickness of the line (blue arrow)
and
3) define color (green arrow)

I make it in this way, but I am pretty sure, that there are some better and maybe easier ways and software available out there.....

Kurt, here is a free online photo editing program I use it all the time (no need to install on your computer)

Thanks, Uwe and Jim, will try to see if I get it done, have bookmarked this.

Back