HMS Discovery 1789 scratch build in 1:48

Yes, you can't reach the spot in a decent way. I know, I made them on the spot. So difficult to do. I missed a extra hand.

I am very disappointed in the fuzz. I've tried using a flame to get rid of it but after destroying too many rigging pieces I shy away from that. The thread was the only choice for size and color. It's all polyester and just seems to disappear in a flame. Do you think a heat gun would work?

You should never post something until you look at it from all angles. So I had to do it again but the power went out for 4 hours. The stick is resting on the futtock staves.

DSC04774.JPG

Tore it apart and redid. Long stick is sitting on the fore futtock staves. Short stick is on the mains. Still to be fixed, Yeah, I screwed up both of them.

DSC04777.JPG

Last edited:
I can't believe it's been 5 months since I put anything in here. I've been rigging but I can't get any pictures of the ship. The rigging just disappears against the background clutter. Well, today I finished the lower fore boom. It took about a week but I was thinking for an awful lot of that. It should go faster for the rest of them. I can put this on a piece of paper and get a pretty good picture. I'm not sure how I'm going to get the horses to hang right. Maybe hang some alligator clips on strategic spots and wet done all the joints with acetoneDSC04823.JPG

Hello Don,

I just found and read through your build thread. Your ship is beautiful. The work you have done is amazing.

Bill

Back