HMS Druid by ZHL

Hello all. I am very interested in the HMS Druid ship. I have seen it in The Lumberyard, a model by Harold Hahn, and in the ZHL web page.
Anyone knows the difference between these two kits? Also, which one of the two is a full rigged kit? I have seen the word "Admiralty" several times and that tells me they may not be full rigged kits. Thank you.

Hello, Argento. I am tagging David Stevens, the owner of The Lumber Yard. He will be happy to answer most of the questions pertaining to the model HMS Druid. @Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) Can you help?

Here is the Donnie's build log.

The timbering set from the lumberyard is a semi kit with no fittings or rigging. It is all the milled wood to build up the hull and decks with laser cut keel parts, deck beams and framing jig. The frames are built up from framing stock and cut out. Choise of wood is up to the builder.
The Druid from Unicorn models sold by ZHL is a complete kit with laser cut framing.
The term "admiralty model" refers to a style of just a framed hull. However there are fully rigged admiralty models.
The Hahn estate never gave permission to use Harold Hahns plans for the Unicorn kit so some suggest it is a pirated kit. Personally i have not seen the plans from the Unicorn kit so i can not confirm the accusations. as far as i am concerned the Unicorn Druid is a "version" of the Druid based on Harold Hahns plans and model. Either way it is up to the builder to decide.

Thank you all for your time. I am still confused. In Donnie's build log he says he is building the Unicorn kit. Is this kit sold by the Lumberjack or ZHL?
In his log, I see photos of a Chinese kit box showing it as fully rigged. I see also photos of the instruction book cover and a sheet of plans showing full rigging instructions, but Donnie's final photos are of a "half" kit. What gives? Thank you again, and sorry for my insistence. :)

Thank you all for your time. I am still confused. In Donnie's build log he says he is building the Unicorn kit. Is this kit sold by the Lumberjack or ZHL?
In his log, I see photos of a Chinese kit box showing it as fully rigged. I see also photos of the instruction book cover and a sheet of plans showing full rigging instructions, but Donnie's final photos are of a "half" kit. What gives? Thank you again, and sorry for my insistence. :)
It was my mistake, Argento. For some reason, I thought Donnie built from Dave's kit. While it was Unicorn's. Unfortunately, I don't have the information about the Unicorn kit, if it comes fully rigged. @Donnie can you help?

the kit Donnie built is made by Unicorn Models and sold by ZHL

here is the build log

The Lumberyard is a semi kit a timbering set for the hull there is no build log here for the Lumber yards semi kit.

Back