HMS Endeavor 1/65 scale

Bravo Tommy, I finished my Endeavour (same version as yours) just before last Christmas after sixteen months of very careful work, its worth the struggle and I
enjoy seeing it every day. have purchased a large perspex cover to keep the dust off.

IMG20221125222841.jpg

That looks great! I’m thinking about doing the stern decorations and lamp in gold. I used toothpicks on the capstan instead of the brass rod. I’ve also been soaking the brass parts in Brass Black(Amazon).

Nice work Tommy. My Occre Endeavour is at a similar stage but seem to hit the rocks in terms of finding time to finish it. Look forward to seeing your finished model

Wow. This is one of the fastest build threads from bulwarks to rigging in a few days. I presume you have been doing it for a while and taking photos along the way.
Bravo it looks really nice and the bow on the endeavour is one the most rounded bluffs around. Yours looks great.

Your workshop looks well stocked and very organized.
can I ask if you use the mini anvil for anything in the build?

Nice work Tommy. My Occre Endeavour is at a similar stage but seem to hit the rocks in terms of finding time to finish it. Look forward to seeing your finished model
I have the advantage because I am retired.

Wow. This is one of the fastest build threads from bulwarks to rigging in a few days. I presume you have been doing it for a while and taking photos along the way.
Bravo it looks really nice and the bow on the endeavour is one the most rounded bluffs around. Yours looks great.

Your workshop looks well stocked and very organized.
can I ask if you use the mini anvil for anything in the build?
I have three months in the build so far. I just discovered this forum website.

There is no substitute for good lighting and proper tools. I use the anvil for keeping tension on lines when I don’t want them to twist while I am tying. I thought I needed it at some point but I really don’t. I use the 3,2,1 machinist blocks a lot.

Back