HMS Euryalus 1803 - Scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo Uwe,

Inside the storage magazin, the flat consisted of a series of pallets on top of the layer of planking.Within the pallets was stored charcoal, witch was placed there to help absorb moisture that would degrade the gunpowder stored in barrels in this room.

Bild 01.jpg

(Text and Picture Book HMS Euryalus)

Greetings
Ruediger (Lucius)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Work on the powder chamber continued. The flaps were the demarcation from the lantern room. The rear bulkhead was also installed. The powder was in the bucket in front of the hatches, which was then filled into the bags (cartridges). The shelf was used to store the finished cartridges.

ESC7028.jpg

ESC7029.jpg

ESC7031.jpg

ESC7032.jpg

ESC7033.jpg

ESC7034.jpg

ESC7036.jpg

to be continued

Greetings
Ruediger (Lucius)

Beautiful detail and layout of a truly functional and accurate powder room! Thanks for sharing this wonderful work, which I assume will become unobservable as the build progresses?

Interesting height gauge. How do you transfer points from plans to hull?
I measure the points with the ruler and subtract the measurement from 300 mm (height of the template).
e.g. measuring point 128 mm. 300 mm minus 128 mm = 172 mm. Set the 172 mm from the lower edge of the holder in which the pipe sits to the scriber and transfer the points onto the wood. This only works for me because the keel has the same zero line as the template

Very good work - and very well executed details.
Is it by the flash of the camera, or do you use for the knees and / or carlings a different typ of wood? They are looking different

Back