HMS Euryalus 1803 - Scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Rüdiger!

Different color intensities often occur in pear wood. These differences will even out again through exposure to sunlight and aging. A completely uniform wood can be achieved if all boards are sawn from one tree trunk.
In the beautiful building sets from China, the different wood tones of cherry and pear wood are also often noticeable.
Nice to watch your work!

Best regards
Thomas

Hi Rüdiger!

Different color intensities often occur in pear wood. These differences will even out again through exposure to sunlight and aging. A completely uniform wood can be achieved if all boards are sawn from one tree trunk.
In the beautiful building sets from China, the different wood tones of cherry and pear wood are also often noticeable.
Nice to watch your work!

Best regards
Thomas
Hello Thomas,

ich denke genau so. Bei der Le Requin sah es genau so aus. Nach einem halben Jahr war davon nichts mehr zu sehen.

I think so, too. At the Le Requin everything was different too. After 6 months you couldn't see any more of it

Greetings Ruediger (Lucius)

Again dreamlike. Have you already attached the accommodations or are they still loose? Have you fanned part of the planking or will it stay that way?

The accommodations are already glued in place. I'm not going to build planks. I will try to line the accommodations on the lower deck by 1.5 mm with light wood.
(Plank imitation)

Back