HMS Euryalus 1803 - Scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo Rüdiger,
once more very accurate and good looking work.
One question to the walls: The walls are so streight and accurate over the total length.
I guess they are not single boards, but solid sheets and the "planking", better horizontal boards are simulated with f.e. cutting, or?

ESC7266.jpg

Liege ich richtig, dass die Wände nicht aus einzelnen Brettern, sondern eine Imitation der Vretterstöße durch z.b. Schneiden or Kratzen gemacht wurden?
Sieht sehr gut aus!!!

Hallo Rüdiger,
once more very accurate and good looking work.
One question to the walls: The walls are so streight and accurate over the total length.
I guess they are not single boards, but solid sheets and the "planking", better horizontal boards are simulated with f.e. cutting, or?

View attachment 269942

Liege ich richtig, dass die Wände nicht aus einzelnen Brettern, sondern eine Imitation der Vretterstöße durch z.b. Schneiden or Kratzen gemacht wurden?
Sieht sehr gut aus!!!
Hallo Uwe,

genau so ist es. Ich habe dazu ein Werkzeug aus dem Plastikmodellbau genommen. Dort werden mit dem Ding Fugen eingeritzt die beim Schleifen schon mal verschwinden können. schau mal hier "https://www.modellbau-universe.de/produkt;hobby-line-engraver-trumpeter;tru~09912;165;1;1;1.htm". Ich hoffe das mit dem Google Übersetzter ist verständlich.

it is exactly like that. I used an tool from plastic model making for this. There, joints are scratched with the thing that can sometimes disappear when sanding. Look here "https://www.modellbau-universe.de/produkt;hobby-line-engraver-trumpeter;tru~09912;165;1;1;1.htm"

Gruß
Rüdiger

Hello everyone,

Enclosed 4 pictures of the Upper Well on the main mast in which the pump shafts for the chain pumps are mounted. The walls consist of lamellas that are glued into the grooves in the corners. A door was also installed.

ESC7304.jpg

ESC7305.jpg

ESC7306.jpg

ESC7308.jpg

to be continued

Greetings
Ruediger (Lucius)

Last edited:
A very special construction with the mast foot
May I ask how you made the bolts? Are these nails with a round head? Or did you treat them with a burr?

Back