HMS Fly (Amati) 1:64 Robertd [COMPLETED BUILD]

Received the Fly yesterday and at the moment looking at the plans and bits and pieces , this will be a lengthy project and looking forward to this project , it doesn’t come with a base and pedestals so will have to order them separately ASAP, also I follow my partner in crime Nomad (LOL) closely who is also building the Fly , and with his inspiration I like a similar deck layout .

59A9A67E-52B3-4CB6-B188-E5BC5B3A7F09.jpeg

71174056-43C3-4701-A593-9046AB4E2E95.jpeg

Nice!!! You and I both have our work cut out for us, Robert! Is that the building table?

Received the Fly yesterday and at the moment looking at the plans and bits and pieces , this will be a lengthy project and looking forward to this project , it doesn’t come with a base and pedestals so will have to order them separately ASAP, also I follow my partner in crime Nomad (LOL) closely who is also building the Fly , and with his inspiration I like a similar deck layout .

View attachment 314205

View attachment 314206
Good morning Robert. Great choice of model. I look forward to your HMS Fly build. It is great to have @Nomad also starting off on his Amati Fly...with you. Cheers Grant

Bulkheads in place and glued , partly planked the lower deck as this won’t be in full view when the gun deck is in place , the next item will be fairing and filler blocks stem and stern , also as the gun deck produced in 2 halves , look at extra support blocks in the centre where the split is , and continue planking with the deck in place

40F07A95-6F0D-49F8-A71A-C9A47AE253E2.jpeg

Bulkheads in place and glued , partly planked the lower deck as this won’t be in full view when the gun deck is in place , the next item will be fairing and filler blocks stem and stern , also as the gun deck produced in 2 halves , look at extra support blocks in the centre where the split is , and continue planking with the deck in place

View attachment 314657
The wood oil really brings out the grain in the wood

Good morning Robert. Great choice of model. I look forward to your HMS Fly build. It is great to have @Nomad also starting off on his Amati Fly...with you. Cheers Grant
Yes indeed. I look forward to watching Robert do the heavy lifting and me following in his wake and avoiding the pitfalls ROTF. Seriously though, I look forward to following your progress Robert and how you go about the tasks which we will have in common. Good luck Thumbsup

That is one sleek-looking frame Robert. You've got to be excited!

Back