HMS Fly 1:64 - Amati/Victory Models by CaptainsCabin

That’s a great video. Quite the project you have going.

Jan
The video was a milestone in this project, as it can be difficult to describe what I am doing. There will be lighting in the Great Cabin and the challenge is to build the Fibre Optics into the model. This is the video of the Three Candle Stand which will eventually be sitting on the Table; it will be a little better than what it is now!

Lloyd

I use a drop of CA gel on each of the cannon carriage wheels and set it in place on the deck. I have never had a carriage come loose…ever.

I use a drop of CA gel on each of the cannon carriage wheels and set it in place on the deck. I have never had a carriage come loose…ever.
HMS Fly is my first period ship build; my friend explained he did have a carriage come free which was beneath the poop deck, this was my reason for adopting this method. At the time I had not planned putting furniture into the Cabins, and this method proved perfect for this.

CaptainsCabin, I understand the angst of something coming loose. Do what you think will work! Please note that I have had great success with CA gel of which the gel consistency is important. I believe that the gel fills in more gap and appears to adhere much better than CA thin or regular PVA glues. Just my experience…

Hi Jim, What brand of CA gel do you you use? I have used 'LOCTITE SUPER GLUE Power Easy - GEL'; in truth I was not so impressed, hence my asking the brand you use. From my own experiences I use 'EvoStik Resin W' wood glue, which is a PVA glue, then I can correct my mistakes with a little water applied at the correct spot; the part in question can then be rearranged.

Regarding my use of the Polyamide thread, I have found many items can be planned, then exactly pre-positioned before finally fitting in place. This was essential for the cabin furniture. This is my first period ship build so I have much to learn!

Lloyd

Forecastle Bulkhead​

Whenever it is practical, features of the original HMS Fly are incorporated into my build. For references I use a copy of the Admiralty Plans dated Friday, 27th September 1776 for HMS Fly. The Forecastle Bulkhead constructed is shown; click for a video of the doors opening and closing (19 seconds). The two four pane windows for the bulkhead were made from Pt. No 262 grating as shown, from the kit. How the bulkhead was built is in the attached ‘Forecastle Bulkhead.pdf’

36 - Forecastle Bulkhead.jpg37 - Pt. No 262.jpg

Attachments

• 35 - Forecastle Bulkhead.pdf
    8.6 MB · Views: 79
Хорошо придумали с оконными рамами.
У меня вопрос: как будет проходить якорный трос, если якорь полностью закрыт переборкой?

Хорошо придумали с оконными рамами.
У меня вопрос: как будет проходить якорный трос, если якорь полностью закрыт переборкой?
Well thought up with window frames.
I have a question: how will the anchor cable pass if the anchor is completely closed by the bulkhead?

Очень хороший вопрос, на который у меня нет немедленного ответа, так как я еще не дошел до этого этапа своей сборки. Я прикрепил изображение, показывающее положение якоря, поэтому не предвижу проблемы.
Ochen' khoroshiy vopros, na kotoryy u menya net nemedlennogo otveta, tak kak ya yeshche ne doshel do etogo etapa svoyey sborki. YA prikrepil izobrazheniye, pokazyvayushcheye polozheniye yakorya, poetomu ne predvizhu problemy.

A very good question, and one I do not have an immediate answer, as I have not yet reached this stage of my build. I have attached an image showing the anchor in position so I do not anticipate a problem.

39 - Bow View.jpg

Вопрос не в положении якоря, как якорный трос пройдет через палубу и как он пройдет через якорь? В вашем приложении на странице 2 вы делаете закрытую переборку. Это закрывает якорь, на который наматывается якорь. Прикрепил фото того же корабля, но без переборки. Укус якоря отмечен желтой стрелкой. Возможно, есть какое-то решение этой проблемы, а я его пока не вижу. Думаю, на этот момент стоит обратить внимание.10004b-7.jpg

Вопрос не в положении якоря, как якорный трос пройдет через палубу и как он пройдет через якорь? В вашем приложении на странице 2 вы делаете закрытую переборку. Это закрывает якорь, на который наматывается якорь. Прикрепил фото того же корабля, но без переборки. Укус якоря отмечен желтой стрелкой. Возможно, есть какое-то решение этой проблемы, а я его пока не вижу. Думаю, на этот момент стоит обратить внимание.View attachment 241756
The question is not about the position of the anchor, how will the anchor line go through the deck and how will it go through the anchor? In your application on page 2, you make a closed bulkhead. This closes the anchor onto which the anchor is being wound. Attached a photo of the same ship, but without the bulkhead. bite is marked with a yellow arrow. Perhaps there is some solution to this problem, but I do not see it yet. I think this point is worth paying attention to.

Вы правы, я должен немного подумать над этим. Я следил за дизайном переборки по копии оригинальных чертежей из Национального морского музея, поэтому я думаю, что позвоню им, чтобы узнать, есть ли у них ответ. Спасибо, Александр, за вопрос.

Ллойд
Vy pravy, ya dolzhen nemnogo podumat' nad etim. YA sledil za dizaynom pereborki po kopii original'nykh chertezhey iz Natsional'nogo morskogo muzeya, poetomu ya dumayu, chto pozvonyu im, chtoby uznat', yest' li u nikh otvet. Spasibo, Aleksandr, za vopros.

Lloyd

You are correct, this is a point I will have to give some thought to. I followed the design of the bulkhead from a copy of the original drawings from the National Maritime Museum, so I think I will phone them to see if they have an answer. Thank you, Alexander, for posing the question.

Lloyd

Wow!! more people can understand and write in Russian! :) What translator do you use, it looks like translating very well and accurately?

The question is not about the position of the anchor, how will the anchor line go through the deck and how will it go through the anchor? In your application on page 2, you make a closed bulkhead. This closes the anchor onto which the anchor is being wound. Attached a photo of the same ship, but without the bulkhead. bite is marked with a yellow arrow. Perhaps there is some solution to this problem, but I do not see it yet. I think this point is worth paying attention to.

Вы правы, я должен немного подумать над этим. Я следил за дизайном переборки по копии оригинальных чертежей из Национального морского музея, поэтому я думаю, что позвоню им, чтобы узнать, есть ли у них ответ. Спасибо, Александр, за вопрос.

Ллойд
Vy pravy, ya dolzhen nemnogo podumat' nad etim. YA sledil za dizaynom pereborki po kopii original'nykh chertezhey iz Natsional'nogo morskogo muzeya, poetomu ya dumayu, chto pozvonyu im, chtoby uznat', yest' li u nikh otvet. Spasibo, Aleksandr, za vopros.

Lloyd

You are correct, this is a point I will have to give some thought to. I followed the design of the bulkhead from a copy of the original drawings from the National Maritime Museum, so I think I will phone them to see if they have an answer. Thank you, Alexander, for posing the question.

Lloyd
Я поговорил со своим контактом в Морском музее, который точно понял вопрос. Специалист, который может ответить на этот вопрос, на неделю ушел в «плавание»; если возможно, постараюсь получить ответ в течение десяти дней.

Ллойд
YA pogovoril so svoim kontaktom v Morskom muzeye, kotoryy tochno ponyal vopros. Spetsialist, kotoryy mozhet otvetit' na etot vopros, na nedelyu ushel v «plavaniye»; yesli vozmozhno, postarayus' poluchit' otvet v techeniye desyati dney.

Lloyd

I have spoken to my contact at the Maritime Museum who understood the question exactly. The expert who can answer this question has gone ‘sailing’ for a week; if possible I will try to get an answer in about ten days.

Lloyd

Вопрос не в положении якоря, как якорная линия будет проходить через палубу и как она пройдет через якорь? В вашем приложении на странице 2 вы делаете закрытую переборку. Это закрывает якорь, на который наматывается якорь. Прикрепил фото того же корабля, но без переборки. прикус отмечен желтой стрелкой. Возможно, есть какое-то решение этой проблемы, но я его пока не вижу. Думаю, на этот момент стоит обратить внимание.

Вы правы, я должен немного подумать над этим. Я следил за дизайном переборки по копиям оригинальных чертежей национального морского музея. Спасибо, Александр, за вопрос.

Ллойд
Вы правы, я должен немного подумать над этим. Я следил за дизайнерским переборками по копии оригинальных чертежей из Национального морского музея, поэтому я думаю, что позвоню им, чтобы узнать, есть ли у них ответ. Спасибо, Александр, за вопрос.

Ллойд

Ллойд
Ллойд, дайте мне знать, что ответит Национальный морской музей. Спасибо.

Lloyd, let me know what the National Maritime Museum's answer is. Thank you.

Я буду Александром; Это хороший вопрос!

I will Alexander; this is a good question!

Back