HMS Fubbs plans

Hi Stuglo
I have the Fubbs kit, by Bob Hunt and the plans that are included with it. I am out of town now, but if you want, I could take the plans and copy them when I return home March 10th. I would just charge you for the copies and shipping. Let me know. Another possibility is that Bob Hunt may have copies of the plans also. He is a member of SOS
Alex R

Hi Christian,
yes I can see Portia had a sail plan of Fubbs in her ship model book she published 40 years ago, but that was an A4 size plan.
I didn't know there were large plans available.

Hi Bryian,

I bought a few years ago the Romero practicum. There was a fully set of drawings of Portia included. The rigging plan has also an A0 format.
I don#t know her book. Do you have the title and perhaps an ISBN number for me?

Hello Christian,
I also bought the Fubbs practicum from reverend Romero about 15 years ago, but there was no plans available for the rigging.
It was 2 sheets of plans for an admiralty style model with stub masts. Nevertheless, I managed to add masts and rigging to my model using various references.
Picture below is Portia's ship modelling book she published in the 60's. There is not much detail of the rigging in it.

.41UeoYjy7ZL.jpeg

I have the Takakjian book and the Romero practicum. Which plans and were did you source them?

The large size plans from Portia are available through Taubman Plans Service as are all the plans drafted by Portia.

Back