HMS GRANADO (1742) - midship section - POF by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

Before I start to show the "real" work on the model, just some additional information.

CAF produced with this kit (according to my knowledge of the market) the first time a POF- framing like the real ship was made.
with the reduction of the thickness from the floor timber up to the top timbers, and also with the twisting at the top timber near the gunports and / or the oar-ports

Here you can see the frame timber plan made by Goodwin - the red lines enclose the section of the Granado kit
View attachment 272449

a closer look
View attachment 272450

and here the test model from CAF showing all the frames of the section
View attachment 272448

Here a 3D-animation from CAF showing two double frames - red and green are the frame elements with floor timbers, futtocks and top timbers, in grey colour are shown the anchor chocks connecting the elements with bolts
View attachment 272446

View attachment 272447

to illustarte also with the help of Goodwins sketch - and the kit is completely following this principle structure

View attachment 272451

Yes, it is different, but the framing works of the Granado has also several chellenges like the frames of the Le Coureur - it is highly interesting - a complete different POF feeling

I am not planning to bore you with every single frame in the following posts. But maybe it is interesting to see the works on frame "13" where one of the resin elements were used. Therefore I show you the working steps of this frame with the help of a photo-series.....

The floor timber and on each side the two temporary distancers

View attachment 272941

View attachment 272943

all elements prepared - at the top next to the top timbers you can see the resin parts for this frame

View attachment 272945

View attachment 272946

side "A" along the black line

View attachment 272947

The resin element
View attachment 272950

View attachment 272951

side "B" on top of side "A" - and the resin distancer

View attachment 272948

View attachment 272952

View attachment 272949

after removing from the plan - the back side of Side "A"

View attachment 272953

View attachment 272955

View attachment 272956

the front side with side "B"

View attachment 272954

View attachment 272957

View attachment 272958
Bravo, questi post, con queste immagini molto chiare sono molto istruttive e utili. Grazie.

Well done, these posts, with these very clear images are very informative and useful. Thank you.

Back