HMS Kingfisher/ King's Fisher - Tedboat [COMPLETED BUILD]

Well done Ted. One of my favorite builds of all time!!! I wish I had this kit! My good friend DocBlake has it, he needs to start building it or I might have to take it from him. LOL. Please share some pictures of that white metal Jag motor when you get to it!!

He told us his plans in his post bro... :)

Sometimes I wonder if the Moderators actually read stuff. LOL... Is there a contest for maximum number of "Likes"?
Do I read all posts in detail? No, screen them yes, don t know if you noticed the popularity of SoS but we moderators do also have a day job to earn a living :cool: .
I see the Salamandre is coming up next.

I have just reread your log. The standard is so good that I don't know if it encourages me or deters me from starting a (total) scratch build of a similar swan class or postponing it until after the lumberyard semi-scratch rattlesnake (both on my shelf). Seriously, I would appreciate any advice from yourself and host of admirers.

I have just reread your log. The standard is so good that I don't know if it encourages me or deters me from starting a (total) scratch build of a similar swan class or postponing it until after the lumberyard semi-scratch rattlesnake (both on my shelf). Seriously, I would appreciate any advice from yourself and host of admirers.
Hi Stuglo,
Thanks for your kind comment!
The answer to your query is difficult, in that it depends to a large extent on A) Your experience, and B) Your patience.
A Swan class Plank-on-Frame model is a lot of work, and is complex. If your experience is towards the lower end, then it is possibly not for you, and one of the smaller models from Dave at the Lumberyard might be more appropriate.
In similar vein, a Swan class will take a lot of time, so if you are not patient you will either give up or rush the job.
As I said, I don't know your circumstances, so can only speak in general terms; please forgive me if you are already an experienced modeller!
Hope this helps!

Ted

Ted, thanks for the truth on difficulty and issues you see when someone bits off a bit more than they can handle.

I am just starting my first POF, and its a scratch built from plans, The Blandford group build project. It is a lot to comprehend all the bits and pieces and what the names of all these new things you don't see in kit POB most of us are used to building.

Kurt

Back