HMS Mercury, 1:72, Shipyard [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello friends, I made it! The jib is where it belongs, all ropes are tied up and there was no collateral damage.
When the sail was already on the mast and I had moored the most important ropes (braces, lifts, tye), I carefully wetted the sail with diluted glue. Then I used the hair dryer and gave the sail a nice shape.
It was difficult to attach all the ropes so that they all looked nice and taut. I am satisfied with the result.
And here are the pictures:
M1144.JPGM1145.JPGM1146.JPGM1147.JPGM1148.JPGM1149.JPGM1150.JPG

What can I say more than WOW
and especially for you in german language : WOW
;)
Sieht extrem gut aus und Danke für die Beschreibung

Thanx for the like-thumbs and nice words, und danke für das Wow aus Österreich. :D

@Pgtaylorart No, no wire.The boltrope was glued to the sail with a lot of glue, and then the diluted glue on the sail created the shape of the sail by using the hair dryer.

Btw, I have a question: Is Karl-Heinz Marquardt known in America? He was one of the greatest German experts in the field of historical sailing ships and has published many books about it.In Germany, his book "Bemastung und Takelung von Schiffen des 18. Jahrhunderts" (Mast and rigging of ships of the 18th century) is one of the basics for every model builder. We only call it "The blue Marquardt". Perhaps the book is also available in English; Marquardt lived on New Zealand for many years until his death in 2018.
I recently realized that he always wrote the English and French translations of all the individual parts in this book. So even if my automatic translation gibberish may sound funny, at least the technical terms are correct from now on. :cool:

Someone once told me that when rigging sails, you always have to remember which side and where the wind is coming from to get proper angle and shape of sails!

I think you are just wonderful in your sail work!

Hello friends, it sounds like so little when you report that another sail was attached. But you know what that means in terms of work and how difficult it is with all the rope.
On the first picture the sail is still hanging down like a lame rag, but on the table is already the storm god.
M1171.JPG

And here you can see the pictures of the finished sail. The wind was favourable!
M1172.JPGM1173.JPGM1174.JPGM1175.jpgM1176.jpgM1177.jpgM1178.jpg

Hello friends, my first boat is ready. This was then also my first boat, which I built from wood. Not everything worked out well, but I think the next one will be better. Unfortunately I started with the smallest boat, and there the bends of the planks are very narrow. A lot of things broke, even though I watered and pre-bent the parts before. But with spatula, sandpaper and paint I cleverly hid the biggest damages.
Next I will build the big longboat and hopefully profit from the experiences I made.
M1188.JPGM1189.JPGM1190.JPGM1191.JPGM1192.JPGM1193.JPGM1194.JPG

Hi Bonden :)
I really enjoyed reading your blog,
the pictures illustrate your professional work. I Learned a lot from you. Thumbsup
The ship looks beautifulShip-1

Back