HMS Mercury, 1:72, Shipyard [COMPLETED BUILD]

A model made of wood? I can't do anything like that. :p I don't have the skills or the equipment. No, no, I'll stick to cardboard! :)
But I'm not quite sure yet which model it will be. I have a few kits lying around, and there is already a favorite. But that will not be revealed yet. First I'll finish the Mercury, then we'll see. Or, as Killick says in THE film: "Food is ready when it's ready - not before." :D

Wow Bonden, that’s a surprise for me.
Even though I’m sort of new getting to know all of the guys, I thought you also build wood models.
If you have the talent of converting cardboard into master pieces, I have no doubt you can tackle wood.

Where could I browse to see what’s available on type of kits?
Do you have a favorite website ?
I got this kit from the polish company Shipyard; also the Papegojan I built before is from this company. Also from this supplier I have the fleet of Columbus to lie.
Comparable is Shipworks, a Russian supplier of cardboard kits for sailing ships. The brig Olimp is already in my cupboard.
When I'm done with the Mercury, I'll build either the Columbus fleet or the brig. I don't know exactly what will go on the workbench first.

Thanks Binden for those links.
Nice looking and interesting model’s they have.
I will research this new aspect of the ship modeling and maybe one day I’ll give it a try.

Bonden,

Great job and congratulations on the completion of your HMS Mercury! Thank you for posting all the beautiful build photos and sharing the construction of this kit with us. It has been an inspiration and very helpful to me as I build my Shipyard 1/96 scale HMS Enterprise. I only hope mine comes out half as well as yours. I look forward to seeing what you build next. Happy Belated Birthday!

-George

Hello friends, thank you very much for your nice congratulations on my birthday! I was very happy about it. @Jimsky And your congratulations even came in German - what a nice surprise! :)

@Pgtaylorart Thanks for your kind words about my Mercury - but it's not quite ready yet. I still have to invest a little bit of work. And of course report about it here. ;)

many greetings

Bonden

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've posted here. But I have not been idle. And now my HMS Mercury is ready! :cool: I've been celebrating here all evening and I'm not quite sober anymore, but I'm sure you'll understand that. 7 years of building - yes, with some longer interruptions - but all in all it was a long, intensive time. And now I'm looking at my ship and can't quite grasp the fact that I did it all by myself. The Mercury is my first Age of Sail model, so many things were new to me.
Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I will show you lots of pictures of my ship. For today these two party photos have to be enough. :p
Soon the ship will go into a diorama, so don't be surprised about the blue model stand.IMG_3889.jpgIMG_3896.jpgIMG_3897.jpg

Hallo my friend,
also from my side CONGRATULATIONS

a long time - resulting a a very good and detailed model - And I am very happa that I was able to follow your work with the years.

No, today I will not ask, but tomorrow I will ask you, what will come next ...... The "Day after Tomorrow" .....

Back