Unboxing Hms Ontario 1780 1:48 by MarisStella

zoly99sask

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

If you are considering to buy this kit or never heard about it before than take a look at these unboxing videos.

And a promo 3D rendering video for the kit

Also a build log on Sos by Don Robinson

Hms Ontario Shipwreck

Last edited:
OH - this is a very interesting kit - the parts are looking very good, also manuals and drawings :cool:

J'ai acheté ce kit de modèle directement chez Marisstella. Le construire, c'était comme enfiler une corde dans une aiguille.Je l'ai jeté à la poubelle.
Très décevant.

I purchased this model kit directly from Maristella. Building it was like threading a string through a needle. I threw it in the trash.
Very disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pierre_Autin
I would say that is rather dramatic demonstration just because you do not like the kit. At least you could have given it away to someone that would enjoy it.

Pierre_Autin
Je dirais que c'est une démonstration plutôt dramatique simplement parce que vous n'aimez pas le kit. Au moins, tu aurais pu l'offrir à quelqu'un qui l'apprécierait.

There is no such a thing « unbuildable kit » ,Euromodel kits had no instructions ,only the kit and plsns and people managed to build them

I am shocked by your statement, Perrier! There are average kits on the market, but Marisstella is definitely NOT in this category. It is unfortunate, and I agree with Donnie, that you could give/sell this kit to someone else instead of just tossing it.

Je suis choqué par ta déclaration, Perrier ! Il existe des kits moyens sur le marché, mais Marisstella n'est PAS dans cette catégorie. Il est regrettable, et je suis d'accord avec Donnie, que vous puissiez donner/vendre ce kit à quelqu'un d'autre au lieu de simplement le jeter.

The truth is that MarisStella kits are not for beginners. The manufacturer does not neglect any detail and does not throw out complex elements of the design. And probably this is the only manufacturer that writes that this is a kit for modelers with experience (not by the number of parts in the box, but by the complexity of construction).
As if you don't need a workshop and power tools, you can build a historically accurate model out of the box. Previously, only builders from scratch could do this, but MarisStella did all the preparatory work so that we could build high-quality and detailed models from kits. I love that they started making their own blocks - they are great. The manufacturer has only to start making thair own ropes - and then their kits will be perfect!

Hello everyone,
I hope you're all well. Today I am bringing you a new raffle!
This time it will be KIT from the Croatian manufacturer MarisStella.
It has a HIGH LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY, so it is intended FOR EXPERIENCED MODELERS ONLY.
HMS ONTARIO (1780)
Scale: 1:48 (810mm/31.89")
You will find the terms of participation and rules on my YouTube channel in the "Community" tab or at this link:
new ONTARIO-RAFFLE.jpg

Last edited:
The only model I ever threw away was a Kombrig resin kit that was crushed when the heavy glass shelve of my display case came down. I try to fix it but it was beyond any hope of repair.

I bought this kit for the holiday and received it 1/24. The kit that I got is different than the videos. Is there any help for this? I emailed the US supplier and I was told I got the new kit and that the kit was changed because of customer complaints and I should expect this. Further I was told to message Zoran the designer and he would explain it to me.

I don’t agree with Pierre the kit is above average as a whole. But the significant differences with the video make me feel slighted. Hence I am also very disappointed as it did not meet with my expectations.

I got very cheap blocks, poorly drilled, uneven in size and shape, similar to what you would get in any cheap kit, no way near what is shown in the unboxing. One less 1:1 sheet of plans. One less large plate of laser cut parts.

I understand the plate of exploded decking was removed and it is clear in the video of the new kit I was told I have. That is a lot of laser cutting seems reasonable to eliminate. The instructions are quite complete and can manage with two 1:1 sheets. But the blocks? That’s the straw for me to make the building unpleasant.

Hi

The high quality blocks will be avaiable in limited quantities ,(in a few months)not in all Ontario kits and of course the full kit will be at higher price ,if you bought the kit in the past they have the basic blocks like most kits,if you need the upgrade blocks you can buy it here on my website.and again when they will available in the Ontario kits the full price will be higher than the basic kit with “regular blocks”.

Zoltan

I bought this kit for the holiday and received it 1/24. The kit that I got is different than the videos. Is there any help for this? I emailed the US supplier and I was told I got the new kit and that the kit was changed because of customer complaints and I should expect this. Further I was told to message Zoran the designer and he would explain it to me.

I don’t agree with Pierre the kit is above average as a whole. But the significant differences with the video make me feel slighted. Hence I am also very disappointed as it did not meet with my expectations.

I got very cheap blocks, poorly drilled, uneven in size and shape, similar to what you would get in any cheap kit, no way near what is shown in the unboxing. One less 1:1 sheet of plans. One less large plate of laser cut parts.

I understand the plate of exploded decking was removed and it is clear in the video of the new kit I was told I have. That is a lot of laser cutting seems reasonable to eliminate. The instructions are quite complete and can manage with two 1:1 sheets. But the blocks? That’s the straw for me to make the building unpleasant.
Hello
Since I am familiar with the problems you encountered,
I decided to deliver to you
a flag on fabric,
additional special rigging blocks,
and of course,
laser cut decks, for two decks,
and laser cut deck planks, for two decks.
But I have to tell you that this old deck design is not as good as the new design. That's why it was replaced with the new one.
The new deck design provides the modeler with two selection options:
1- the modeler can use the laser-carved deck as a final, visible on the model..or
2-a modeler can properly plank a laser cut deck with wood strips, so that it achieves a fully realistic deck look.
The old deck design is a bit more difficult to implement, so it has been replaced with the new design.
This is all written in the instruction book.

In the meantime, I was told that you are missing one sheet of blueprints. Please tell me which one, so that I can send it to you along with the other elements, and please tell me if you need any other parts.
We will send this to you at no cost to you.

I would like to say that MarisStella is a company that works and functions solely for the purpose of promoting ship modeling as such. Profit is absolutely secondary to us, but of course, we have to live on something in order to be able to continue working in the direction of our desires.
By continuously adding new reconstructions to the world stage, we sometimes forget to keep up with the second needs of the Internet public. Now, only after a few days, we are finalizing the stickers on the HMS Ontario unboxing video, which will explain the contents of the kit in detail to the viewers.

The main goal, in addition to promoting ship model making, is a model maker who is satisfied while building the reconstructions we create.

This is the reason why I contacted you.
I sincerely want you to enjoy making our reconstructions, and not for it to be some kind of difficult thought.
HMS Ontario is not a kit for beginners and you have to have modeling tools for building it.
I design ships and kits literally every day, and I have to say it's an extremely well put together kit, but you have to know how to model, you have to know what to do with it. Intermediate skill level is necessary.

I sincerely hope that you will like the supplement that I intend to send you.

This is brand new video (January-February 2024.) and needs some subtitles to be add to determine the next:
The 3D printed stern, is an additional article.
The 3D printed bow, is an additional article.
The set of pre-sewn sails, is an additional article.
Extraordinary blocks, on February 2024. is still an additional article.
We have done this because all of the modelers do not need all of the additions. Many of them build some positions by themselves.

Zoran
MarisStella ltd
EU

Last edited:
Hi

The high quality blocks will be avaiable in limited quantities ,(in a few months)not in all Ontario kits and of course the full kit will be at higher price ,if you bought the kit in the past they have the basic blocks like most kits,if you need the upgrade blocks you can buy it here on my website.and again when they will available in the Ontario kits the full price will be higher than the basic kit with “regular blocks”.

Hi

Zoltan
If they are in the unboxing video this really should be said before you have peoples money. I would have even bought them right up front. And had nothing but nice things to say about maris Stella.

Hi

Zoltan
Are you guy I was supposed to contact?
Hello
Since I am familiar with the problems you encountered,
I decided to deliver to you
a flag on fabric,
additional special rigging blocks,
and of course,
laser cut decks, for two decks,
and laser cut deck planks, for two decks.
But I have to tell you that this old deck design is not as good as the new design. That's why it was replaced with the new one.
The new deck design provides the modeler with two selection options:
1- the modeler can use the laser-carved deck as a final, visible on the model..or
2-a modeler can properly plank a laser cut deck with wood strips, so that it achieves a fully realistic deck look.
The old deck design is a bit more difficult to implement, so it has been replaced with the new design.
This is all written in the instruction book.

In the meantime, I was told that you are missing one sheet of blueprints. Please tell me which one, so that I can send it to you along with the other elements, and please tell me if you need any other parts.
We will send this to you at no cost to you.

I would like to say that MarisStella is a company that works and functions solely for the purpose of promoting ship modeling as such. Profit is absolutely secondary to us, but of course, we have to live on something in order to be able to continue working in the direction of our desires.
By continuously adding new reconstructions to the world stage, we sometimes forget to keep up with the second needs of the Internet public. Now, only after a few days, we are finalizing the stickers on the HMS Ontario unboxing video, which will explain the contents of the kit in detail to the viewers.

The main goal, in addition to promoting ship model making, is a model maker who is satisfied while building the reconstructions we create.

This is the reason why I contacted you.
I sincerely want you to enjoy making our reconstructions, and not for it to be some kind of difficult thought.
HMS Ontario is not a kit for beginners and you have to have modeling tools for building it.
I design ships and kits literally every day, and I have to say it's an extremely well put together kit, but you have to know how to model, you have to know what to do with it. Intermediate skill level is necessary.

I sincerely hope that you will like the supplement that I intend to send you.

This is brand new video (January-February 2024.) and needs some subtitles to be add to determine the next:
The 3D printed stern, is an additional article.
The 3D printed bow, is an additional article.
The set of pre-sewn sails, is an additional article.
Extraordinary blocks, on February 2024. is still an additional article.
We have done this because all of the modelers do not need all of the additions. Many of them build some positions by themselves.

Zoran
MarisStella ltd
EU
I stepped away from this topic for some time as it was just aggravating and I thought there was going to be no help. And quite honestly stepped away from ship modeling in general as I was just feeling badly when trying to relax at the bench.

You are much kinder than the contact I spoke to. I am glad to have checked back.

That message sounds very nice. And addresses quite fully I asked in private. I have not received an email on this from the contact I was talking to and just saw this today. What can I do to to complete this process?

Attached is the 1:1s that I have…i mentioned in previous post that I do not need an instruction sheet. I have them all and the instruction booklet is quite comprehensive.

I will post here in the same kindness with pictures once this is complete.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back