HMS Ontario 1780 Cross Section scale 1:32 1.0(Version 1)

Hi Dave, thanks I think this will be an interesting model, she is twice the length of the Blandford with a lot of detail on the upper deck.
Mike

Thanks Jim, the beams and planking on this deck will be thicker than the other decks due to the weight of the cannons. I would hate to see one fall through the floor into the hold lol.

the beams and planking on this deck will be thicker than the other decks due to the weight of the cannons. I would hate to see one fall through the floor into the hold lol.
Your work Mike inspires me to build POF ship or a cross-section, perhaps. Will see I have a long wish list for my future builds. It will be taught to choose from. What I definitely know, it will be a scratch build. :cool:

Your work Mike inspires me to build POF ship or a cross-section, perhaps. Will see I have a long wish list for my future builds. It will be taught to choose from. What I definitely know, it will be a scratch build. :cool:
nothing to it but to do it Brother. Have you looked into the Blandford Group build yet? its a fantastic model. I hope to be getting back to it this weekend. so far its been a blast.

Thanks everyone, scratch building is not a lot different than working on a kit, you just have to cutout your own parts and think about what you are trying to achieve.

Hi Dave,
I had a problem with my computer, but it is working now.

Exterior Planking:
The wales are made from walnut, stained black. I used some forms to bend the boards after socking them in hot water. The rest of the planking is yellow heart strips cut on a Proxxon table saw. The wales have three scarf joints as shown and a three-board shift was used for the yellow heart planking. The treenails took a while but look good.IMG_2165.JPGIMG_2166.JPGIMG_2167.JPGIMG_2168.JPGIMG_2169.JPGIMG_2170.JPGIMG_2171.JPGIMG_2172.JPGIMG_2173.JPGIMG_2174.JPGIMG_2177.JPGIMG_2178.JPG

Back