HMS Pegasus - by Amati [COMPLETED BUILD]

I was undecided about my next build until I came across your log. The end result tipped the balance and I am ordering it today. Was your life boat from the kit or ordered extra?
I'll leave my plans out in case you have any questions. Rigging was easier than I thought it would be when I say the plans. Life boat was a Master Korabel kit from Crafty Sailor. Also used their blocks and binnacle. If your thread is as fuzzy as mine was consider using something like Corel line stock # SM281 from model shipways. Excellent stuff, wished I'd done that but to far along when I realized the problem and didn't want to rip out all the rigging and start over.

Well... whether you didn't expect.... the outcome is great, you made a fantastic job!! Your attention to detail speaks for itself. Congratulations on your accomplishment. What is next, if not a secret?
Thanks for the thumbs up Jim. My paramedic nephew has a embroidery business on the side and made me some nifty masks. He wouldn't take payment so my next project will be a naval smoothbore for his desk. Don't like the metal carriage in the kit so I'll be doing a lot of kit bashing. Will do a build log as I progress.
IMG_3743.jpgIMG_3794.jpg

Last edited:
Well... whether you didn't expect.... the outcome is great, you made a fantastic job!! Your attention to detail speaks for itself. Congratulations on your accomplishment. What is next, if not a secret?
Thanks for the thumbs up Jim. My paramedic nephew has a embroidery business on the side and made me some nifty masks. He wouldn't take payment so my next project will be a naval smoothbore for his desk. Don't like the metal carriage in the kit so I'll be doing a lot of kit bashing. Will do a build log as I progress.
View attachment 214964View attachment 214965

Absolutely beautiful Chris. Thanks for all the photos and help you've given me along the way. Looking forward to your desk top smooth bore!

Well I've come to the end of the build. Kind of miss working on it. I still need to work on my rope hanks. That's about the only thing I'm not satisfied with, but overall I've really surprised myself with the final result. When I saw the plans for the rigging I was kind of intimidated. All that's left is finding the correct flags. Tom V gave me a suggestion and I've ordered some. We will see when it comes in if it hangs correctly. Also ordered a display case from my local plastics fabricator. $225 is a good deal and I don't have to build anything but the base. I'll post that process when it comes in. It's a 4 - 6 week wait. They are building lots of shields etc. for local business because of Covid and they are really backed up. Thanks to everybody for your suggestion and comments. It really helped a lot.

View attachment 214868View attachment 214869View attachment 214870View attachment 214871View attachment 214872View attachment 214873
Beautiful!!! I can’t wait to finish mine after seeing how yours turned out!

Let’s see, this line goes to here and that line goes to there and......Wait a minute!! Is that right?
I need to look at those blueprints again! LOL!View attachment 221842
It looks completely CORRECT this standing Riggen. Still miss a few lines, when the Yards(s) are added to the Bowsprit. One which is missing is the standing Rig. from the far end of -forgot the name - of the bowsprit.

Attachments

• BOWSPRIT.jpg
    BOWSPRIT.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 1372-- BOWSPRYD MODEL.jpg
    1372-- BOWSPRYD MODEL.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 1478--bowsprit- running rig (10).jpg
    1478--bowsprit- running rig (10).jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2fcd0f4061b71511fe32c27a53d19461.jpg
    2fcd0f4061b71511fe32c27a53d19461.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 574c6175488a6fdd25eef39ad2f415b0.jpg
    574c6175488a6fdd25eef39ad2f415b0.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 483-baupres 4.jpg
    483-baupres 4.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 21
A last minute addition to Pegasus. It may not be historically correct but the stern light from Syren looked so cool I had to add it to the build. Only thing left now is the case from the local plastics fabricator. A five sided box with polished corners was quoted as $225.00. I'll add the photos on how I make the base when it's done.Pegasus 208.jpgPegasus 209.jpgPegasus 210.jpg

A last minute addition to Pegasus. It may not be historically correct but the stern light from Syren looked so cool I had to add it to the build. Only thing left now is the case from the local plastics fabricator. A five sided box with polished corners was quoted as $225.00. I'll add the photos on how I make the base when it's done.View attachment 221967View attachment 221968View attachment 221969
The lantern looks great! Where did you buy it from?

Back