HMS Pegasus - by Amati [COMPLETED BUILD]

Beautiful deck. Hope I get to that level of skill you have reached.
you are always welcome to contact me here, or if more private conversations over Messenger or Email: peandersen@telefonica.net- phone
nº 0034-694 419 115. if you have messenger we can even make toll-free phone calls, but to the time difference, send a mail so we can agree of time. their maybe a 6-7 hours difference. right now we have here in Spain 17,35 h.
I have started relatively late here on" ship of scale·, but I have bulging over 40 years and have a databank with over 3000 images and drawings. have a nice building and stay safe
EL CAPIthe pic below is from the first big sailing ship Norske Love from 1976-1979-It survey the voyage from Copenhagen-Denmark to MADRID Spain 1978

0ct 16-2020 020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
no problema
the Soleil royal is that the old manufactured from OCCRE, Spain -This was my last build -it took 3 years to get all parts. price 900 €, one thick instruction book and another book -architecture naval. then glues extra woos etc so a price about 1200€. To many mistakes in the instructions books and plan of the ship came att the end so Altaya/de Agostini HAS ONE BIG ENEMY. After having it finished less than one Year, I desmanteled the ship.. I have all the Metal pieces- figures, gun ports and other decorations. The ship went to the bin.
The new Soleil Royal -maybe only in Germany -from De Agostine.DE is manufactured from another Spanish company "Artesania Latina "a completely new way to build. I have downloaded the Instruktion manual, of what has been delivered until now:www.deagostini.de/soleilroyal

30-06-14 008.jpg

083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the Soleil royal is that the old manufactured from OCCRE, Spain -This was my last build -it took 3 years to get all parts. price 900 €, one thick instruction book and another book -architecture naval. then glues extra woos etc so a price about 1200€. To many mistakes in the instructions books and plan of the ship came att the end so Altaya/de Agostini HAS ONE BIG ENEMY. After having it finished less than one Year, I desmanteled the ship.. I have all the Metal pieces- figures, gun ports and other decorations. The ship went to the bin.
The new Soleil Royal -maybe only in Germany -from De Agostine.DE is manufactured from another Spanish company "Artesania Latina "a completely new way to build. I have downloaded the Instruktion manual, of what has been delivered until now:www.deagostini.de/soleilroyal

View attachment 199115

View attachment 199116
I've only been at this for one year so a long way to go but really enjoying the trip. Your ships belong in the Prado. Real works of art.

you are always welcome to contact me here, or if more private conversations over Messenger or Email: peandersen@telefonica.net- phone
nº 0034-694 419 115. if you have messenger we can even make toll-free phone calls, but to the time difference, send a mail so we can agree of time. their maybe a 6-7 hours difference. right now we have here in Spain 17,35 h.
I have started relatively late here on" ship of scale·, but I have bulging over 40 years and have a databank with over 3000 images and drawings. have a nice building and stay safe
EL CAPIthe pic below is from the first big sailing ship Norske Love from 1976-1979-It survey the voyage from Copenhagen-Denmark to MADRID Spain 1978

View attachment 199047
Appreciate the offer of help. I'll keep your information handy and will reach out when I need advice.

Thats the spirit, looking forward to the Christmas holidays so I can spend some extra time in my workshop. Now you certainly know you found the right hobby. :)

My hat is off to you starting in your 80's
Always been a hobbyist. If it was hands on I got into it. Scratch built engraved flintlock rifles, stained glass windows, antique clock repair, lots fo fishing stuff like lure making and fly tying. I was the kind of kid that took apart everything I could get my hands on. Last count was 36 different things I dabbled in. Model ship building is right up there in the top 3.

Getting close to finishing the hull. I am considering purchasing the Proxxon Mini Lathe that you bought For tapering the masts and yards. Do you recommend it and did you need to buy any additional accessories?View attachment 200099
a nice and very clean model. you have done it- from an old timer
el capi

Getting close to finishing the hull. I am considering purchasing the Proxxon Mini Lathe that you bought For tapering the masts and yards. Do you recommend it and did you need to buy any additional accessories?View attachment 200099
It didn't come with any turning tools so I had to buy those. Went to the local Woodcraft store and got a set made for turning pens for $80 bucks. WoodRiver - "Mini" Turning Tool Set, 5 piece. So far that's all I need. I mounted it on a 3/4" piece of ply and it was ready to go. Really like it, might try turning a few other things. Your Pegasus is looking great. Do you have a build log I can follow?

Back