HMS Pickle 1800

Very crisp work Mustafa Thumbsup I do like your approach of turning the barrels in wood.Many of the 17th Century Navy Board models that featured cannons were indeed made of wood.
For future reference,you could try turning these from Ebony,it is espensive but for cannons you can use pen blanks made for woodcarvers.This wood can be polished and holds fine detail.No need to paint the end result has a wonderful appearance of iron.

Kind Regards

Nigel
Thank you for suggestion Nigel. I will keep it in my mind.

Best regards.

Looking very good.....maybe you could add these recesses which would give the deadeyes the last "kick".
These are/were necessary, that the rope is not more round and not over the edge of the deadeye.
2-IMG_9452.jpgantique-ship-rigging-deadeye-sailing_1_6093a4c45c9880cd181a75ad1babc5f4.jpgdeadeye lignum vitae 6in.jpgdeadeye.jpg

I am sure you already come across this link, but... in case you may miss it, or if anyone else interested there are about 63 photos of replica Schooner Pickle built-in 1996 at St.Petersburg Russia.

I am sure you already come across this link, but... in case you may miss it, or if anyone else interested there are about 63 photos of replica Schooner Pickle built-in 1996 at St.Petersburg Russia.

Yes, and there are also her documentary videos on Youtube.

Thank you Norway. It is water based acrylic paint. It gives good result on wood but I don't recommend on metal surfaces.
yes for wood acrylic is very good lightly diluted to let penetrate the wood even if you have 2 coats to do
For metal it is also good but a mat primer must be put before painting.
My way not necessary the best but it work for me
I use industrial spray can that I got at the hardware store it is very good and not expensive. But some part must be prepare before hand if you have gold plated part for example that must be paint. I use liquid mask Vallejo art 70.523 to cover the gold portion that must be preserve and spray the rest mat then the acrylic paint, follow by pealing the mask. I do that a lots for my figurine.:)

Back