HMS Revenge 1577 by Amati , Victory Models [COMPLETED BUILD]

Finished Revenge today. Reasonably happy that I have improved over the journey. Some things are good but I need to get better at gunports, guns and rope hanks. Have posted some final pics for the gallery. Started in January so 6 months and about 650-700 hours. I thought the AmatiVictory kit was excellent with quite generous provision of spares for fragile wooden parts and enough rope to rig it twice. Amati rope isnt Syren standard but it is really good for a kit IMHO. I thought the instruction book excellent but the plans disappointing. Lots of drawings not to scale and not annotated to show that...how hard is NTS ? The sprit plans wrong and in one place the spritspar is shown on top of the bowsprit....whatever.. I would recommend treating the plans with caution ( as I guess you always should..?)
Next project is another Amati Victorty series...HMS Pegasus.s

My Congratulations for finishing this great model - Very well done

For everybody interested please take a look here

Finished Revenge today. Reasonably happy that I have improved over the journey. Some things are good but I need to get better at gunports, guns and rope hanks. Have posted some final pics for the gallery. Started in January so 6 months and about 650-700 hours. I thought the AmatiVictory kit was excellent with quite generous provision of spares for fragile wooden parts and enough rope to rig it twice. Amati rope isnt Syren standard but it is really good for a kit IMHO. I thought the instruction book excellent but the plans disappointing. Lots of drawings not to scale and not annotated to show that...how hard is NTS ? The sprit plans wrong and in one place the spritspar is shown on top of the bowsprit....whatever.. I would recommend treating the plans with caution ( as I guess you always should..?)
Next project is another Amati Victorty series...HMS Pegasus.s
Congratulations on finishing the Revenge! Can you post lots of pictures please?

Back