MarisStella - New Kit HMS Speedy 1:48

Timing is everything.
Last year we could have used a new model for us to purchase , now two new China kits, both first class.

The Maris Stella website does not seem to be loading, anyone else having trouble accessing it?
Are they still in business as no reply from them in quite a while?.....

It is loading for me,yes they are in business,Zoran is very busy I am in contact with him,he is working on the Speedy

It is loading for me,yes they are in business,Zoran is very busy I am in contact with him,he is working on the Speedy
Hi mate, what's the latest on Speedy? I'm currently sketching out some ideas for a 'Sophie' based on Speedy and the quarterdeck of the Vincejo! Not sure whether anything will come of it yet? I want to keep the hull form as close to Speedy as possible.

Hi mate, what's the latest on Speedy? I'm currently sketching out some ideas for a 'Sophie' based on Speedy and the quarterdeck of the Vincejo! Not sure whether anything will come of it yet? I want to keep the hull form as close to Speedy as possible.
Hi,I have no idea when the kit will be released

Don,there is one Pof kit from Hachette/Amati La Belle 1:30,partwork ,1200 euro

This is awesome news, we are looking forward to these new kits, you might have some images of the HMS Vensejo and HMS Sophie Brigs ,thank you for sharing with us.

Hi
Marisstella is a great company with outstanding kits. I also have bought the Carrack and The Cog which are just awesome kits.

Searching in this website I only found a few building logs, which are very helpful, but I did not find any for the Cog. Is there is any member in this site that has a building log for the Marisstella Cog? I hope this message gets to be seen by someone that does have one. This will be very helpful.
Thank you guys for your logs.
Regards
Bluebeard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Marisstella is a great company with outstanding kits. I also have bought the Carrack and The Cog which are just awesome kits.

Searching in this website I only found a few building logs, which are very helpful, but I did not find any for the Cog. Is there is any member in this site that has a building log for the Marisstella Cog? I hope this message gets to be seen by someone that does have one. This will be very helpful.
Thank you guys for your logs.
Regards
Bluebeard.
Hallo @Bluebeard ,
here is the research for the building logs of Marisstella kits - More or less every kit produced, but until now no Cog.

Look Here:

But maybe one of our members built it and will respond - I am crossing the fingers

Hallo @Bluebeard ,
here is the research for the building logs of Marisstella kits - More or less every kit produced, but until now no Cog.

Look Here:

But maybe one of our members built it and will respond - I am crossing the fingers
Uwek, thanks for your prompt reply. I’m looking for a building log because I just started building my own kit of the Cog but without a log it will take longer to build. The instruction book does not have any pictures or renderings that would guide me through the building process of the hull, planking and everything else that a rookie builder like me needs to see. Plus the building instructions are not translated very well to English. The pictures in the instruction book are for the rigging process only. This is a beautiful, magnificent model and I don’t want to mess it up.

I will email Zoran (Marisstella’s Owner), as he has always helped me on other occasions.

I will keep a look out to see if another member is building this kit and posts any pictures.

Meanwhile, I will try learn to post my own log process here. Thanks again.

Regards,

Bluebeard

Contact Zoran he is very helpful. Start a build log and I will be glad to help if I can, I have built several of their kits and also re-wrote the instructions for the Cog. You may have an old copy of the instructions. I have not built the Cog yet but it is classified as a intermediate kit so expect some challenges. In the meantime I will watch for your build log.

The Maris Stella website does not seem to be loading, anyone else having trouble accessing it?
Are they still in business as no reply from them in quite a while?.....
Please don't send any broadside problems to my port in association with my full name Richard G. Maris. Maris was also at Troy with Helen but things didn't turn out as he expected. ;-) Rich (PT-2)

Just playing on associate name word. Nothing serious. rich
Please don't send any broadside problems to my port in association with my full name Richard G. Maris. Maris was also at Troy with Helen but things didn't turn out as he expected. ;-) Rich (PT-2)
Sorry PT-2 that is just a bit too cryptic for me to understand what you are saying.
I have never sent you any ‘broadside’ whatever that means?

Back on topic, there is still no updates from Maris Stella, doesn’t look like we are going to see anything this side of the New Year, during the year everyone wanted to forget...

Sorry PT-2 that is just a bit too cryptic for me to understand what you are saying.
I have never sent you any ‘broadside’ whatever that means?

Back on topic, there is still no updates from Maris Stella, doesn’t look like we are going to see anything this side of the New Year, during the year everyone wanted to forget...
My criptic "Broadside problems" was not directed at anyone individually but a poorly worded idea that if anyone thought that I was out of line in my association of the name Maris of myself with the ship Maris Stella, not to come down too harshly in correction. While Maris is a very rare family name and small family cohort, I believe that it is more common around Greece and in the character in Helen of Troy where a person with that name was killed. Sometimes my brain makes strange connections that are cryptic to others. Yes it will be a good year to move beyond. Rich (PT-2)

Uwek, thanks for your prompt reply. I’m looking for a building log because I just started building my own kit of the Cog but without a log it will take longer to build. The instruction book does not have any pictures or renderings that would guide me through the building process of the hull, planking and everything else that a rookie builder like me needs to see. Plus the building instructions are not translated very well to English. The pictures in the instruction book are for the rigging process only. This is a beautiful, magnificent model and I don’t want to mess it up.

I will email Zoran (Marisstella’s Owner), as he has always helped me on other occasions.

I will keep a look out to see if another member is building this kit and posts any pictures.

Meanwhile, I will try learn to post my own log process here. Thanks again.

Regards,

Bluebeard
In the meantime our member Olha @shipphotographer.com started a building log of the Carrack, I guess there are some similarities with the cog - kit

Back