HMS Surprise/HMS Rose

Has anyone purchased the HMS Surprise/HMS Rose model from ZJ CN Model co. LTD? The instruction manual that came with it was in Chinese but their advertisement showed a manual in English. Does anyone have an English language version they could share? Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe
Good look with the model. I'm building the Mamoli surprise and the plans with that are very poor, and the model does not seem to look like the real Surprise. I'm trying to make mine resemble the Jotika version, which only got as far as the prototype stage. There a link to their prototype photos below if you are interested. Also a link to a really well done model on the model ship world site.

Hi Joe
Good look with the model. I'm building the Mamoli surprise and the plans with that are very poor, and the model does not seem to look like the real Surprise. I'm trying to make mine resemble the Jotika version, which only got as far as the prototype stage. There a link to their prototype photos below if you are interested. Also a link to a really well done model on the model ship world site.

This is a model of the HMS Rose as modified to be the HMS Surprise so the model will look like the Surprise in the movie Master and Commander, not the real HMS Surprise/L'Unite

Hi,
It's good to see my HMS Surprise used as an example. When researching my next build after completing a kit bash version of the Amati Bounty I checked the availble Surprise kits to see if one could form the basis for a kit bashed model but discovered the available kits at the srt of scale I wanted to work to (about 1:75) were quite inaccurate. Kit manufacturers are quite clever at repurposing existing kits to something close, one Surprise kit I checked out looked remarkably like HMS Diana. Close but not close enough!
Cheers, David.

Back