HMS Terror mystery object

Hello, I have been reading about the HMS Terror and I came across this painting. I was wondering what the object was at the front of the ship.
B0640591-6EED-43EB-A60F-ABB06503A72C.jpeg

Thank you for your help and I will definitely be looking into 1830’s deep frying technology.

Thank you for your help and I will definitely be looking into 1830’s deep frying technology.
Hi' please could you tell me what makes you think the mystery object is more likely to be a deep fat fryer than an ice machine? After all look how much ice there is. As for Uwek's bear trap; well it would have to be a very small bear! Great question btw..

Hi' please could you tell me what makes you think the mystery object is more likely to be a deep fat fryer than an ice machine? After all look how much ice there is. As for Uwek's bear trap; well it would have to be a very small bear! Great question btw..
In support of the deep fryer theory I would suggest because it looks like it has sunk into the ice due to its heat melting the ice. Of course the counter argument is the ice machine has made so much ice its burying itself.

So I'm going with my initial gut-feeling and say it's one of those old thing-a-ma-jigs.

Glenn

In support of the deep fryer theory I would suggest because it looks like it has sunk into the ice due to its heat melting the ice. Of course the counter argument is the ice machine has made so much ice its burying itself.

So I'm going with my initial gut-feeling and say it's one of those old thing-a-ma-jigs.

Glenn
Fare point. but where do you find a thing-a-ma-jig on a ships manifesto? Probably I suggest just behind the 4,980 gallons of beer and just before the monkey named Jacko !

Glenn
Good reply what do the others know ? Logic rules the day ,

I don’t think Michelle Jackson was on this ship , bit too butch for him
Hi Red be careful and don't turn this melodrama into a Thriller.
PS In an old ship like Terror there gotta be a lot of rats so I guess o'l Ben the rat will turnup in one of those ' truly fictional' paintings (reason for trap ?)

Back