HMS Triton - Section - 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Uwek

Your cannons and carriages came out really nice, Great work. I have these plans from Hahn and will be in time building a bunch of them for my Oliver Cromwell, that is of course if I ever get that far, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

hola que modelo de barco es? y donde puedo conseguir el plano me encanta

hello what model of ship is it? and where can I get the plane I love

Hallo friends,
I just realized, that I never finished the building log of this model - means showing the installed guns etc.
With this post i finished the log - done

127 DSCF0001.jpg

128 DSCF0002.jpg

129 DSCF0003.jpg

130 DSCF0004.jpg

131 DSCF0005.jpg

141 DSCF0015.jpg

142 DSCF0016.jpg

Attachments

• 132 DSCF0006.jpg
    132 DSCF0006.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 11
Long time ago I built the section model of the HMS Triton, a 28 gun sixth rate frigate from 1771.
I was asked to show this built here in a log. Due to the fact, that it is already 10 years ago, when I made this crossection I will mainly show the old photos with a reduced text.

First of all I want to show the final result, so you can imagine what you could expect

View attachment 35743
View attachment 35744
View attachment 35745

BTW:
The section model is shown also in my Avatar

Dear Uwek:)
very Beautiful craftsmanship is show through with every professional photo.
it's exactly process & result !!! Thumbsup Thumbsup
Among the many things I liked about the process, I would like to point out that you left the planking and exposed frames on the side of the ship, so that the viewer can see the model fully and varied.

The ceiling of the Main Hold is mostly finished, and the recesses / pockets for the Hold Pillars are prepared (made with a small chissel)
Remark: The nailing looks because of the flash very dominant, in reality it looked way better....

View attachment 35822

The rectangular Hold Pillars

View attachment 35823

Installed in place (dry fit and waiting for the Lower Deck Beams)

View attachment 35824
what ate you using to hold the frames to the sides of the jig white elastics , rope, ?????

what ate you using to hold the frames to the sides of the jig white elastics , rope, ?????
you can use some elastic rubber bands - I am usually use a non elastic rope, so that they are really fixed against the edge of the jig

Long time ago I built the section model of the HMS Triton, a 28 gun sixth rate frigate from 1771.
I was asked to show this built here in a log. Due to the fact, that it is already 10 years ago, when I made this crossection I will mainly show the old photos with a reduced text.

First of all I want to show the final result, so you can imagine what you could expect

View attachment 35743
View attachment 35744
View attachment 35745

BTW:
The section model is shown also in my Avatar
Ottimo risultato. ora mi godo le altre foto per vedere come ci sei arrivato.

Excellent result. Now I'll enjoy the other photos to see how you got there.

Back