HMS Victory - 1/100 Heller [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Moarein!

All british 100 gunships had entry ports in the middle deck at Trafalgar at the 7th position seen from the stern. On many paintings and also on a contemporary marine drawing these entrances do not exist. The time around Trafalgar is the worst time to describe the Victory. McKay, McGowan and many others show two entrances on their plans.

With best regards
Thomas

Hi Moarein!

All british 100 gunships had entry ports in the middle deck at Trafalgar at the 7th position seen from the stern. On many paintings and also on a contemporary marine drawing these entrances do not exist. The time around Trafalgar is the worst time to describe the Victory. McKay, McGowan and many others show two entrances on their plans.

With best regards
Thomas
Yes, I think you're right.
For this time period - 1800 - 1810 there may have been no entrance, or there must have been two entrances - one from each board.
I will think a little more and make a decision.

Thanks!

After some hesitation whether to have an entrance, whether to have one or two entrances, and on which side to be, I decided to make two entrances - respectively on the left and right board.
Since the left board is the front of the model - I put the 3D printed arch on it.
I copied the arch for the left one from the pear.
Accordingly, I made the steps again from pear.

120.jpg121.jpg122.jpg123.jpg124.jpg125.jpg126.jpg

Gun port covers - ready.
They are numbered, so I know who's where, that's a big horror.
The hinges are photoeched. I glued 0.5 mm maple veneer on the inside.
In principle, they are installed last - even after the sails, because they stick out during the manipulations.
As they are numbered, they go to the closet to wait in line.

137_1.jpg138.jpg139.jpg140.jpg141.jpg142.jpg143.jpg144.jpg

Hello people!

I am opening a new topic for my new project - HMS Victory
The scale is 1/100, the company is Heller.
Several Years ago, I bought the model from a friend who had started it, but refused to finish
:)

The model collected dust on the shelf for a long time, and now his time has come.
I will not go into the history of the ship - anyone can dig in Google.
In my opinion, this is the most common ship model - there is a lot of material for it, etc.
I'm still working on the plan in my head, I'll start slowly and see what comes out.
The ship is an order.
Here's what I have:

View attachment 150065View attachment 150065View attachment 150066View attachment 150067View attachment 150068View attachment 150069View attachment 150070View attachment 150071View attachment 150065View attachment 150066View attachment 150067View attachment 150068View attachment 150069View attachment 150070View attachment 150071View attachment 150072
Hallo @Moarein ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day
Birthday-Cake

Hi Moarein,

Nice paint job, that's a lot of masking. Love the coat of arms paint job it has come up very well together with the balustrading port and starboard, far far better than painting the original molded ones.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Back