HMS Victory - 1/100 Heller [COMPLETED BUILD]

Looking very good - I like your leather fire buckets
and it seems, that you also imitate the crown and the letters
buckets.jpg bucket2.jpg

but why did you not make them also out of leather like the originals? ;)

You made this small detail very good Thumbsup

Tying the cables.
I started from the main mast, as the rod is double with a braid and it will be easier for me to do it without interfering with the front mast.
I will use the PVC blocks from the set - they are good enough in my opinion.
The procedure for tying cables is slow and monotonous.
The next photos will be when the fixed rigging is ready.

465.jpg466.jpg467.jpg468.jpg469.jpg470.jpg471.jpg472.jpg473.jpg474.jpg475.jpg476.jpg477.jpg478.jpg

Hi Moarein,

Your build is looking fantastic.
I am curious to know why you have chosen to not use the shroud jig supplied in the kit?
I am led to believe that the lines connecting the dead eyes together weren't "tarred" therefore were natural rope colour.
Looks like you are using tiny screws to attach the "chains", great idea.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Hi Moarein,

Your build is looking fantastic.
I am curious to know why you have chosen to not use the shroud jig supplied in the kit?
I am led to believe that the lines connecting the dead eyes together weren't "tarred" therefore were natural rope colour.
Looks like you are using tiny screws to attach the "chains", great idea.

Cheers,
Stephen.
Hi Stefan, I'm glad you like my model.
So far I have not used the device from the set for tying the dead eyes- personally it is easier for me.
I always make the connecting rope between the dead eyes black, as it belongs more to the fixed rigging, and it is black. They also used resin and tar to prevent it from rotting, so I think the black color is more correct.

Hi Moarein,

No worries, makes sense. I had some issues with using the jig from memory and was just curious.

Yeah I agree the black looks better, bit like the hammock nets look better in black as you have also done.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Hello people!

I am opening a new topic for my new project - HMS Victory
The scale is 1/100, the company is Heller.
Several Years ago, I bought the model from a friend who had started it, but refused to finish
:)

The model collected dust on the shelf for a long time, and now his time has come.
I will not go into the history of the ship - anyone can dig in Google.
In my opinion, this is the most common ship model - there is a lot of material for it, etc.
I'm still working on the plan in my head, I'll start slowly and see what comes out.
The ship is an order.
Here's what I have:

View attachment 150065View attachment 150065View attachment 150066View attachment 150067View attachment 150068View attachment 150069View attachment 150070View attachment 150071View attachment 150065View attachment 150066View attachment 150067View attachment 150068View attachment 150069View attachment 150070View attachment 150071View attachment 150072
Hi. I'm new to ships of scale so I hope it's acceptable to jump into this thread in this manner. I just started work on Heller's 1/100 Victory. I'm not a novice to building plastic models. But I have to say the instructions and rigging diagrams on this ship are the worst I've ever worked with. I'm looking for clearer instructions and images - especially of the rigging. I have a copy of The Anatomy of Nelson's Ships which includes rigging diagrams but those do not help much in actually rigging the model. If you know any resources that improve on the Heller instructions I would love to hear about them. Thanks for any help you might be able to give. Veejay

Hi. I'm new to ships of scale so I hope it's acceptable to jump into this thread in this manner. I just started work on Heller's 1/100 Victory. I'm not a novice to building plastic models. But I have to say the instructions and rigging diagrams on this ship are the worst I've ever worked with. I'm looking for clearer instructions and images - especially of the rigging. I have a copy of The Anatomy of Nelson's Ships which includes rigging diagrams but those do not help much in actually rigging the model. If you know any resources that improve on the Heller instructions I would love to hear about them. Thanks for any help you might be able to give. Veejay
Hi Veejay,
Welcome aboard.
There is also in the Anatomy series a book called, The 100 gun ship Victory this is pretty good book and there is Lee's Masting and Rigging of English ships of war 1625 to 1860, this is a great book in my opinion, I have both in my collection.
How about considering a build log for your build.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Back