HMS Victory - Alexander Brodie Galley Stove

This Alexander Brodie Galley Stove 1:64 scale model was scratch built by mistake, as I was advised it was too modern for HMS Fly! The Brodie Stove can be seen on HMS Victory, situated in the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, UK. Together with the photograph, I have included a plan, the research documents I used and its construction.

07 - Figure N125.jpg

Attachments

• 08 - Alexander Brodie Stove Figure's Scale 1-1 copy.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 67
  • 09 - Alexander Brodie Galley Stove (Part 1 of 2) copy.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • 10 - Alexander Brodie Galley Stove (Part 2 of 2) copy.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
This Alexander Brodie Galley Stove 1:64 scale model was scratch built by mistake, as I was advised it was too modern for HMS Fly! The Brodie Stove can be seen on HMS Victory, situated in the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, UK. Together with the photograph, I have included a plan, the research documents I used and its construction.

View attachment 240367
Your post on the stove could not have been timed better for me. My current build requires a stove on deck and this one will nicely do. Thanks.

I am very pleased to hear this, but do check on the type of stove which would be on your build. I spent months building the Brodie Stove only to be told it would be too modern for HMS Fly. (I should have done my research properly!) I will post the Stove I have now fitted to HMS Fly just for your comparison. I will also be using Fibre Optics to provide light to the coals, and if you would like to see how I did this just let me know.

I have now posted my Firehearth for HMS Fly; you can compare the differences.
Thanks again. This is even more appropriate for my small schooner. It is in 1/85 scale so hearth details will be lacking. i just needed something that would look good on deck. If you are into miniature furniture check out this web site: https://www.artic.edu/highlights/12/thorne-miniature-rooms. The Art Institute of Chicago has a series of miniature rooms that viewing as a modeler blew my mind. The crafting is unbelieveable and I could only dream about having that level of modeling skills.

Thanks again. This is even more appropriate for my small schooner. It is in 1/85 scale so hearth details will be lacking. i just needed something that would look good on deck. If you are into miniature furniture check out this web site: https://www.artic.edu/highlights/12/thorne-miniature-rooms. The Art Institute of Chicago has a series of miniature rooms that viewing as a modeler blew my mind. The crafting is unbelieveable and I could only dream about having that level of modeling skills.
I have just visited the miniature furniture rooms and they are quite fantastic! Certainly an inspiration. Remember the HMS Fly Firehearth is 1:64 scale, and it should not be too difficult to scale down

Back