HMS Victory Amati Stern Fitting

Cmb

I'm building a 1:100 Hms vIctory kit from Heller. I picked up a set of die cast metal stern and quarter deck galleries. They are dimensionally a bit different than those in the kit. I'm looking for someone who may have already dealt with fitting these on the model so I don’t need to reinvent the wheel here. Pic of the parts attached. Thanks in advance for any help.20210506_193020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have to match your model wood parts with these fittings. Fittings look good by the way.

Fairly certain the amati pieces are too big for the scale of the heller model

They are made to fit the Victory planos from amati, dont remember the exact scale, but for sure a bigger ship than the heller

Improvments for the heller kit can be foubd, here for example

Do I understand correctly? Do you want to fit a Amati stern piece to a Heller kit?
Yes that is correct. The Amati pieces at least claim to be 1:100 which is what the Heller kit says it is.

I have trial fit these pieces. They are pretty close. I'm pretty sure I can adapt them and make a good looking model. I don't really have much choice. I damaged the kit piece and making one from scratch for me isn't an option. This was the only piece I could find that looked like it could work.

Back