HMS Victory Bow Section by Panart

I purchased this kit during the lockdown from a hobby store that was going out of business. Unfortunately, it had been started by someone else. I hope that the kit isn't missing anything. Looking at other build logs it seems that this kit is very old as it has different methods of creating it. Most models have the frames that you plank onto, this one has you remove the frames after the 2nd planking.

Has anyone seen or worked on this kit before?

HMS Victory box.jpeg20220508_122612.jpgHMS Victory Frames.jpg

From the images this looks good. One of the great advantages is that wood is forgiving when treated right. I would be doing a lot of dry fitting and if you haven't already, done some You Tube searches for others building this kit.

From the images this looks good. One of the great advantages is that wood is forgiving when treated right. I would be doing a lot of dry fitting and if you haven't already, done some You Tube searches for others building this kit.
Thank you, I have in fact been dry fitting. I've been looking for this particular kit online. I can only find an updated versions. I'm slowly getting ready to start planking the first layer.

I purchased and built this kit only 3 years ago. Some difficulties but great fun.

I saw the new kit online at about $400.00. Would be a nice bookend to the Victory on my 'build next' list.

Thank you, I have in fact been dry fitting. I've been looking for this particular kit online. I can only find an updated versions. I'm slowly getting ready to start planking the first layer.
I am in the habit of 'aging' my kits for some months to acclimate them to the conditions at home. This will change as our extended family moves south.

I purchased this kit during the lockdown from a hobby store that was going out of business. Unfortunately, it had been started by someone else. I hope that the kit isn't missing anything. Looking at other build logs it seems that this kit is very old as it has different methods of creating it. Most models have the frames that you plank onto, this one has you remove the frames after the 2nd planking.

Has anyone seen or worked on this kit before?
Hallo @Sparky
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hope to see your bow section project in a building log.....

Back