HMS Victory by Occre build log

Hello, I am Noël Luc from Belgium and I have been a member for about 2 months. I am currently working on my first boat "De Norske Love". Probably quite high for a first boat. I already have many photos of the construction so far that I will post on the forum soon. My eye also fell on the HMS Victory Limited edition, which I bought. I will first finish the Norske Love and when that is finished I will start on the HMS Victory! I look forward to sharing your experiences with you (if you wish)! I also purchased the expansion kit to completely close the hull if I wish

View attachment 465705View attachment 465706View attachment 465707View attachment 465708View attachment 465709View attachment 465710
Yeahhhh -)) have a look here
and if you have some tips and tricks, don't hesitate, tell us -))

Hello, I am Noël Luc from Belgium and I have been a member for about 2 months. I am currently working on my first boat "De Norske Love". Probably quite high for a first boat. I already have many photos of the construction so far that I will post on the forum soon. My eye also fell on the HMS Victory Limited edition, which I bought. I will first finish the Norske Love and when that is finished I will start on the HMS Victory! I look forward to sharing your experiences with you (if you wish)! I also purchased the expansion kit to completely close the hull if I wish

View attachment 465705View attachment 465706View attachment 465707View attachment 465708View attachment 465709View attachment 465710
FR : peut-être je me répète, mais il y a trente ans j'ai construit le Norske Love de B.B. (sur ma chaine YouTube). Et si je dois comparer avec le HMS Victory Edition limitée, y a pas photo, ce dernier est une atteinte au sang froid, un condensé de "sado-masochisme" -)) Pas croyable ! Le B.B. est à la portée d'un débutant très attentif et patient (trois hivers) avec apprentissage de la... machine à coudre ! Hé oui, mais pas le Victory ! Non non non ! ! ! Toujours à ta disposition et te souhaite beaucoup de joies, le modélisme c'est aussi cela : prendre du plaisir

Sorry to you all here with Victoria. This KIT is absolutly not a BEGINNERS KIT. General such a Kit would take about 3 years to build.. One year making the False Keel, inserting the Keeñ, Bow and Stern parts, and inserting all the (Spanten) or bulkheads. Then it is highly recommended to insert Bow and Stern fillers. My later models even fillers between the Spants-up and the lower gun deck. Now you can start planking the Hull (after having made a Gard Board).
2Nd Yeard: To make the decks, Gunports and all the assessory on the Deck (cabins, Haches, Akkers and many other things
3TH. Year: the Rigging -standing Rigge, Then to Running Riggen- which can be divided into to Two- depernding if the ship would have sails or not.

Happy Building

View attachment 465747

View attachment 465748

View attachment 465749

View attachment 465750

View attachment 465751

View attachment 465752

View attachment 465753
Great photos

Just ordered the new rather expensive HMS Victory from Occre. Look forward to receiving it in a few days time. Hope to post the build of it over the next few months or more realistically a year. Should be interesting comparing it to the Caldercraft Victory I built in 2015. Since then a Titanic, Riva, Sovereign of the Seas, a Sopwith Camel, HMS Blandford have been added to my collection. Just completed the Occre Sevensons Rocket - this put me onto the Occre Victory. Looking at the description it is for the 'expert' which is a bit daunting as my skills have yet led to advanced techniques such as clever nailing. However during the next few months hope to be inspired to try these techniques out. Will see how its goes - anyway see below for the Caldercraft Victory which started my latest modeling activities after a 40 years break (used to make simple Airfix planes which all ended up in flames or small model gliders which crashed!)

View attachment 402443

View attachment 402444

View attachment 402445

Just ordered the new rather expensive HMS Victory from Occre. Look forward to receiving it in a few days time. Hope to post the build of it over the next few months or more realistically a year. Should be interesting comparing it to the Caldercraft Victory I built in 2015. Since then a Titanic, Riva, Sovereign of the Seas, a Sopwith Camel, HMS Blandford have been added to my collection. Just completed the Occre Sevensons Rocket - this put me onto the Occre Victory. Looking at the description it is for the 'expert' which is a bit daunting as my skills have yet led to advanced techniques such as clever nailing. However during the next few months hope to be inspired to try these techniques out. Will see how its goes - anyway see below for the Caldercraft Victory which started my latest modeling activities after a 40 years break (used to make simple Airfix planes which all ended up in flames or small model gliders which crashed!)

View attachment 402443

View attachment 402444

View attachment 402445
Very very niece pictures, fantastic work ! ♥

Very very niece pictures, fantastic work ! ♥
I thank you, I just try to do my best and give love to everybody . Fast, trouble-free browning. The anchors also go there with an addition of acrylic. This rather matte black does not necessarily have to be uniform but should allow nuances to stand out, I find that prettier. I'll show you the model of the Musée de la Marine in Paris, it's up to you to see. Have a nice weekend everyone (and all?) -)) Phil

IMG_5995.JPG

Maquettemuseemarineparis.jpg

Started the rigging. Found a brilliant site where someone I presume has photographed rigging instructions from several different kits of the Victory model
See this link

I used the 1:84 scale ones. Got a printer to print copies in A2 which is just the right size to see all the detail. Is is making life a lot easier than just using the OCCre drawings whicg don't really provide enough detail

One problem is of course there drawings interpret rigging differently than the Occre one - ie some of the rigging is attached in very slightly different places on the masts etc. Can get confusing especially as I have the built Caldercraft to refer to!!.

Yes it will end up as a bit of a muddle what with taking instructions from 3 different sources. However it seems to work out OK - just got to decide what is right for my skill level. Also the Alan McGown is a superb reference bible - if there are any discrepancies am taking the book as the guide as to what to do.

Will post some photos of how I m getting on in a few days time

These new instructions/photos are perfect as they to make the task of rigging much easier. In fact dare I say it it makes rigging much less of a daunting task than if I just had to rely on the Occre instructions.

Onwards and upwards............

1728048623724.jpeg

1728048444342.jpeg

Started the rigging. Found a brilliant site where someone I presume has photographed rigging instructions from several different kits of the Victory model
See this link

I used the 1:84 scale ones. Got a printer to print copies in A2 which is just the right size to see all the detail. Is is making life a lot easier than just using the OCCre drawings whicg don't really provide enough detail

One problem is of course there drawings interpret rigging differently than the Occre one - ie some of the rigging is attached in very slightly different places on the masts etc. Can get confusing especially as I have the built Caldercraft to refer to!!.

Yes it will end up as a bit of a muddle what with taking instructions from 3 different sources. However it seems to work out OK - just got to decide what is right for my skill level. Also the Alan McGown is a superb reference bible - if there are any discrepancies am taking the book as the guide as to what to do.

Will post some photos of how I m getting on in a few days time

These new instructions/photos are perfect as they to make the task of rigging much easier. In fact dare I say it it makes rigging much less of a daunting task than if I just had to rely on the Occre instructions.

Onwards and upwards............

View attachment 474820

View attachment 474819
Agree with you Julian, the information that HISModel has assembled is absolutely fantastic.

Back