HMS Victory - Mamoli, Scale 1:90, by Rhoadesy

Hi all, new member to the site so thought i would say hello and introduce myself.
Im from Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire & 1st timer to scale modelling. I needed a new hobby during lockdown and thought I would try my hand at Mamoli HMS Victory. I know, I know .. shouldn't start with this kit for a 1st timer but the opportunity arose and I took it! Be a good learning curve I feel ( or a disaster!) .. I'm in no rush to complete it as I do work full time as a Freight train driver but hoping to call on your expertise.
I have seen some good work on this site with Mamoli Build, Y.T's work is exceptional so will follow his build closely.
I have attached a couple of pictures to start with, only just starting to build. I'm currently working on rabbet notch so just wanted to check if this is looking right before continuing. Many thanks

4C11A677-E44D-43FA-AB75-38D5F36CCD90.JPGIMG_3330.jpgIMG_3341.jpg

Welcome to SOS, here are many good modelers who can give good advice and tips along the way, greetings-

Welcome to the forum and YES you have set yourself a big challenge but it can be done.Spending a lot of time thinking things through,take your time and above all else,don't be afraid to ask,we were all new to the hobby at some point.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Welcome to the forum and YES you have set yourself a big challenge but it can be done.Spending a lot of time thinking things through,take your time and above all else,don't be afraid to ask,we were all new to the hobby at some point.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Thanks Nigel, I'm pretty sure I will be leaning on a lot of you for support and help through out this build but thanks for the support, appreciate it.

Best regards
Steve

welcome, your from Grimsby, I’m actually doing the Ship - Grimbsy. Lol.
im not sure what that rabbet joint, I cant help.

Last edited:
welcome, your from Grimsby, I’m actually doing the Ship - Grimbsy. Lol.
im not sure what that rabbet joint, I cant help.

Hey Sea Burd …. :D how ironic … well is was a very big fishing dock ..... thanks for the welcome tho.
i've just cracked on with the rabbet notch so hopefully its all good

Is Grimsby a big port? I found a WW2 boat Grimsby, but it looks like my ship was never a real ship.

Last edited:
Welcome to the formums, good to have new members,

Have fun looking at build logs and other areas, lots to learn and we like to watch your builds with you.

Welcome aboard. Yes it is a big bit to chew on for a first build but just take your time and ask questions as necessary. I venture to say you're not the first to choose the Victory to start with. Above all relax and enjoy the process, even if you do get frustrated at times - we all do ;)

Is Grimsby a big port? I found a WW2 boat Grimsby, but it looks like my ship was never a real ship.
I wouldn't say its a massive port but use to be big in the fishing industry, not so much now …. still plenty of cargo ships dock there though

Its been a slow and testing process so far … here are some pics of what ive been up to and where I am presently at. I have been working quite a bit but now have some time to press on a little.

I have had to modify pretty much every part I have put on so far as numerous mamoli builds on here all have same issues - but I got this build to learn so will embrace it and do my best with it.
YT's build log has been a massive help, along with others on here with same build so appreciate the logs for a newbie like myself .

image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg
image3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpegimage6.jpeg
image8.jpegimage9.jpeg

Back