![]() |
The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026! Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue. NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026 |
![]() |
![]() |
As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering. |
![]() |


you did a superb job and should be proud as it turned out. By the way a lot of people wont know many details on a particular model. So dont worry. I only wanted to mention it because a lot of modelers dont see or look at the drawings or in this case photos of the real ship and study all the details.....I am a professional model maker and what I am constructing is the Victory on commission (my second one). Don't get discouraged the stern of this ship is a very difficult one, and I had my own problems trying to figure out these curves....Anyway happy modelingThank you for your comments. There are many other inaccuracies in my model. However, this was my 1st scratch build and I am quite content with how it turned out.
PaulABSOLUTELY STUNNING. If mine turns out to be a 1/100 as good as yours I would be beside myself with joy. Stunning.
Paul
Hallo @JonBSome images of my 1:72 scale HMS Victory which was mostly scratch. It took a while to make but I learnt a lot and acquired some tools which will be useful for my next build - the French frigate La Venus at 1:48 scale.


























These pictures hit the spot.To see a ship in the works. Much to learn. too, moved recently. I wanted to be closer to my son so he could help me with his brother's last days. The 'hopw' is what I'm after. When Glenn was alive he would help me as much as he was able. Sometimes it was only a part or tool.I moved house last year and am still unpacking stuff that had been boxed up. But this weekend I came across early photos, taken on a film camera, starting way back to 2002. I stupidly thought the model would be completed in time for the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar. How wrong I was.
To start with I acquired some 1:48 plans of Victory which I reduced to 1:72 so that I could build the model on the dining room table!!
View attachment 616906
View attachment 616907
View attachment 616908
View attachment 616909
View attachment 616910
View attachment 616911
View attachment 616912
View attachment 616913
View attachment 616914
View attachment 616915
View attachment 616916
View attachment 616917
View attachment 616918
View attachment 616919
View attachment 616920
View attachment 616921
View attachment 616922
View attachment 616923
View attachment 616924
View attachment 616925
View attachment 616926
View attachment 616927
View attachment 616928
View attachment 616929
View attachment 616930

