HMS VICTORY The Orlop Deck

Looking very good - as I mentioned already in another topic of another deck of your project -> a very interesting idea and project.
Will you darken the deck under the gratings to simulate the openings of the gratings? Or will you even cut the deck for the gratings?

Looking very good - as I mentioned already in another topic of another deck of your project -> a very interesting idea and project.
Will you darken the deck under the gratings to simulate the openings of the gratings? Or will you even cut the deck for the gratings?
Hi Uwek
As they are individual decks and one day hang on one of my walls I usually glue the gratings between the beams but I think what you are talking about is one where a coaster was directly underneath, silly me. Still working on the middle gun deck and of course a representative project like this gets a bit boring, especially as I've built it twice. Paul

It looks like you answered my question on your post date Nov 13 as you will hang your deck models. I hope you know that you are doing a fantastic job. I have seen more modern ships done this way, but not the Victory. Excellent work and I am looking forward to all the decks completed.

Back