HMS Victory

After almost six years, my HMS Victory model is finally ready. Most of it is scratch build, particularly the interior details. Alot of research was made to create a replica of this majestic ship. It was my biggest challenge in ship modelling so far. Happy to share some photos with you guys

DSC_0373.JPGDSC_0313.JPGDSC_0358.JPGDSC_0360.JPGDSC_0350.JPGDSC_0250.JPGDSC_0347.JPGDSC_0366.JPGDSC_0327.JPGDSC_0320.JPGDSC_0377.JPGDSC_0285.JPGDSC_0275.JPGDSC_0263.JPGDSC_0318.JPGDSC_0332.JPGDSC_0324.JPG

Beautiful Victory. I love the color tones of the wood choices. Also beautiful and very good photography as well !!!
Oh my - I only wish you had turned off the "date" on the camera though. I am adding these to the Gallery.

Last edited:
Thanks Donnie for your comment. I will keep your suggestion in mind when shooting my next model. Though i think it will be good to keep the date whilst building is in progress for the record, but can indeed do without it when photographing the finished model.

Hello Dbar
thank you for your response. When I take my pictures, I have a Folder set up that I download all my current build in its original format and form. Then I will edit those and RENAME them. I have many Folders set up for each task I am working on.
For instance, I have Folders named for example: rigging, deck, hull, bitts, frame, etc. It is easier for me to organize them - however, I know that everyone is different and might not desire to go to this much trouble. The advantage is that keeps me from having to look for an image. If I know that I have an image saved as "frame-01" it is easier to find that than something like 'DSC00987'

I look forward to your next project - that is if you have one in mind -- I am sure that it will be as spectacular as this one.

Kindly
Donald

Thanks Donnie for your feedback. My next project is slightly less challenging - a restoration of an HMS Bounty model which incidentally was my first model about 25 years ago. It has several mistakes which i intend to correct but that would mean removing all the existing rigging and reconstructing some parts. I will be posting some progress photos in due course

After almost six years, my HMS Victory model is finally ready. Most of it is scratch build, particularly the interior details. Alot of research was made to create a replica of this majestic ship. It was my biggest challenge in ship modelling so far. Happy to share some photos with you guys
Hallo @Dbar
we wish you all the BESt and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back