HMS Wolf 1752

This is the Shipyard paper model of HMS Wolf. I completed the hull and masts some time ago and put it aside while I worked on other projects. I also didn’t want to do all the rigging. I finally decided to go ahead and use the sails that came with the kit. It didn’t come out as well as my Shipyard Alert model which had only one mast and better quality sails. Still, I liked the detail of the hull and deck and the kit was well designed with excellent instructions.IMG_0489.jpegIMG_0968.jpeg

IMG_0969.jpeg

IMG_0970.jpeg

IMG_0975.jpeg

IMG_0974.jpeg

IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0982.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

Very good build - I like her very much
Think about to make or install the oars also - this would make the model completely special

Very good build - I like her very much
Think about to make or install the oars also - this would make the model completely special
if you show the oars, then you must furl the sails, IMHO. Alternatively, the oras could be displayed on the deck

The oars are stowed on the same rack as the boat. If I displayed the oars in rowing position I would have needed a much larger case (which wouldn't fit on the shelf).

I built HMS Wolf from a 1:96 scale kit but I used the kit as the template for a wooden model. It worked very well. The useful thing was that the kit gave you all the correct shaped for each of the strakes on the hull. I also replanked the deck with wood.

IMG_3643 - Copy.jpg

hatches.jpg

Wolf 75 broadside.JPG

This is the Shipyard paper model of HMS Wolf. I completed the hull and masts some time ago and put it aside while I worked on other projects. I also didn’t want to do all the rigging. I finally decided to go ahead and use the sails that came with the kit. It didn’t come out as well as my Shipyard Alert model which had only one mast and better quality sails. Still, I liked the detail of the hull and deck and the kit was well designed with excellent instructions.View attachment 453427View attachment 453428

View attachment 453429

View attachment 453430

View attachment 453431

View attachment 453432

View attachment 453433

View attachment 453434

View attachment 453435

View attachment 453436

View attachment 453437
Great looking build!! Question; where did you get the mini soldier pieces?

Great looking build!! Question; where did you get the mini soldier pieces?
They were from a 1/72 set of plastic period sailors and marines. They were the only passable 1/72 figures I could find. I’ll send you the name when I get back in town. There weren’t marines on a ship this small, I don’t believe, and all the sailors were in combat mode with cutlasses and pikes, so I had to cut them down to look appropriate. It was either that or use 1/64 figures which were much better, but slightly out of scale. I considered Vanguard’s figures which come in 1/72 scale, but the cost of shipping was more than the figures. I still might add them.

if you show the oars, then you must furl the sails, IMHO. Alternatively, the oras could be displayed on the deck
You are right - but ......
sometimes the ships tried to leave areas with no or lack of wind by using the oars - and than the sails were installed, but hanging down in the hope, that the wind is coming back.......

Back