Hollanda Yati 1670 1:80 (Part way thru build)

OK, I promised some photos of my current build using my new phone, so here goes.....
IMG_20210601_141158_527 (2).jpg

Hull is about finished. My kit bashing modifications are:

IMG_20210601_141208_443 (2).jpg
Modified tiller. The details I got from here (and that's why I joined this forum!:))
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...acht-1767-by-jeronimo.2871/page-4#post-127673

Next up, the jibboom and anchor stowage and guns:
IMG_20210601_141217_811.jpg

And finally the moulding detail I made using a 3D pen - don't look too close because it doesn't actually look like anything! But looks good from a distance. :cool:

IMG_20210601_141323_472.jpg

I haven't decided to put sails on her yet (I tend not to because I think they can obscure some details) but I think she might look good with just the mainsail, jib and fore staysail. Please tell me what you think (or have a clever idea for another option Thumbsup)

Cheers

A short update on this project.
I completed a few details and made the sails. I decided to go with just having the fore and aft sails rigged so made the 3 of them and marked the seems with ordinary pencil. I think it looks looks rather good on this scale of model.

As you can see, when it comes to rigging, I'm a bit of a minimalist. :)

IMG_20210608_145845_655 (2).jpg

Now I've worked out how to use my phone camera, I hope to give a fuller blog on my next build: 1:120 yacht 'America'.

Regards, Tom

Looking good - not much more minimized rigging and she is finished .....
and we have to state, that with the new building log of the America, we can see much more of your work.
BTW: you can easily upload the photos full size, so no need to downsize them before!

OK, I promised some photos of my current build using my new phone, so here goes.....
View attachment 236624

Hull is about finished. My kit bashing modifications are:

View attachment 236628
Modified tiller. The details I got from here (and that's why I joined this forum!:))
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...acht-1767-by-jeronimo.2871/page-4#post-127673

Next up, the jibboom and anchor stowage and guns:
View attachment 236629

And finally the moulding detail I made using a 3D pen - don't look too close because it doesn't actually look like anything! But looks good from a distance. :cool:

View attachment 236630

I haven't decided to put sails on her yet (I tend not to because I think they can obscure some details) but I think she might look good with just the mainsail, jib and fore staysail. Please tell me what you think (or have a clever idea for another option Thumbsup)

Cheers
Hallo @Tom of all trades
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back