How I do decking from scratch on model ships

sending a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Interesting video(s) - many thanks for sharing with us
BTW: I checked shortly also your other videos - great restoration works on furniture etc.- so you know best about the treating of wood surfaces etc.
Good to have you on board

sending a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Interesting video(s) - many thanks for sharing with us
BTW: I checked shortly also your other videos - great restoration works on furniture etc.- so you know best about the treating of wood surfaces etc.
Good to have you on board
Thank you very much, I am glad you found my videos interesting.

What I have noticed , that when you put planks together, like on a sheet and them install on ship or boat you are building , the planks seem to " Bow " alot. I have made a DIP pipe out of a piece of 1/2'' steel pipe and get 2 caps for each end. Put 1 cap on the pipe and seal the cap with teflon tape. Fill the pipe with whatever stain , paint, or sealer you are going to use. Then Dip each plank into pipe and then I hold one end of plank , and pull the plank thru a shop rag to squeeze out excess liquid. Lay planks to air dry , they come out pretty straight. Now you are covering all the wood , has a tendency not to cup or " Bow ". Then I mount each piece after dry fitting of each piece. I am currently building the " Robert E Lee " steamboat from actual blueprints which I purchased thru the Steamboat Museum.
After your finished with your pipe solution , put the second cap on and use in future. Remember when Building , BE CREATIVE , Don't be in a hurry .......Regards

Hello everyone,
I posted recently a video about how I do decking from scratch. I have made the second video in the series showing my process and thought. I hope that others may find this video as useful as the other one. This is part 2 of 4.

Hallo @BrankoSNY
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back