Hurricane Beryl

Hello all, this seemed the place to mention that my family and I just experienced hurricane Beryl in its entirety, the eye passed over our area here just outside Houston Texas. Over 2,000,000 of us lost power however my house has it back after 12 hours without.
I’ll be looking forward to getting back to normal and joining back in my favorite SOS forum with all my friends.

Hello all, this seemed the place to mention that my family and I just experienced hurricane Beryl in its entirety, the eye passed over our area here just outside Houston Texas. Over 2,000,000 of us lost power however my house has it back after 12 hours without.
I’ll be looking forward to getting back to normal and joining back in my favorite SOS forum with all my friends.
God bless you Daniel
take care for you and your family

As a Floridian we know the hurricane season is from June through December. Stay safe.

UI feel ya pain, we lost everything to Katrina -While I had insurance and landed on my feet, it was still no fun, I'd rather Never have to do that again.

My mom lived out on the island down in Surfside when Ike hit back in '08, and I remember what that did to the Houston area... When I saw Beryl hook north, that was my first thought. Glad it wasn't as bad, and you came out OK.

Daniel, glad to hear you were out of electricity for only 12 hours. You mentioned you were outside Houston. I'm up in Montgomery county. Magic Mike
Hello Mike, I forgot you lived up there. We live in Fort Bend County close to Sugar Land. I know you felt the storm too, hope you have power back and are all safe.

Good afternoon Daniel,

Glad to hear you and yours are OK. We're in Spring and we go more than 5 inches (I say that because 5 inches is the total amount gauge will hold. We were without power until Tuesday evening. We do have a small portable generator so we were able keep our refrigerator going. We're in the process of installing a larger generator to keep the A/C and lights but Beryl temporarily interrupted the electrical work. Need to get it finished before the next storm.

Mike, I hope you and yours are all safe, well and have gotten power restored if you lost it.

We live in Shoreacres and we just got power back. Heavy damage in the area from fallen trees. We had our home flooded during Ike. More old large trees fell this time. We have been through Cat 1 storms many times before but this one was different. For old folks like us the heat was pretty bad this past week.

Good morning German,

Good to hear you got power back. The heat and humidity here make the whole experience worse. And I understand the age factor. I’m 76 and my wife is 81. Stay safe.

Good afternoon Daniel,

Glad to hear you and yours are OK.
We live in Shoreacres and we just got power back.
Hello Greg and Graman, a pleasure to meet you. I'm glad you all survived and have power back, the heat and humidity around here this time of year are unbearable without A/C. I see 166 people have looked in on this thread, there is just something so special about SOS and its membership, it's a real privilege to be part of it.

I was living in Houston in 2008 when Ike blew through. At the time there was an active ship modelers club in town, and after the hurricane one of the members from Galveston, whose home was damaged by the storm surge, brought in a model to a club meeting that suffered from the flood waters. It looked exactly like pictures you see of underwater sailing ship wrecks. You couldn't model a wreck more perfectly than what nature provided. If would have made a terrific center piece for a ship wreck diorama, but he decided to do a complete rebuild. I'm guessing he didn't want any memories of the disaster to his home on display.

Thanks Paul, it always amazes me how when the power goes out, we are instantly thrown back in time before electricity was invented.
The difference between us and the Middle Ages is electricity and indoor plumbing and we are just one hurricane away

Good afternoon Daniel,

Glad to hear you and yours are OK. We're in Spring and we go more than 5 inches (I say that because 5 inches is the total amount gauge will hold. We were without power until Tuesday evening. We do have a small portable generator so we were able keep our refrigerator going. We're in the process of installing a larger generator to keep the A/C and lights but Beryl temporarily interrupted the electrical work. Need to get it finished before the next storm.

Mike, I hope you and yours are all safe, well and have gotten power restored if you lost it.
Thanks Craig for your message. We are high and dry here in Conroe and most of this area now has power back. We too are installing a 22KW generator as soon as the funds are available probably next year. We already have the house wired for it, a natural gas line and the pad poured also. Glad to hear you and Daniel are safe. Regards, Magic Mike

Back