I will start my new hobby by building Capt. Smith's shallop.

Being a retired sailor, teacher and cabinet maker it so happened that I watched a number of instructional videos on Youtube about building wooden ship models and I was hooked. I am not sure though how I will handle the patience needed to endure a bigger ship so I figured it would be a good idea to start small. I am happy to have found this forum as I'm destined to run into some problems as time goes by and good advice seems plentiful here. I live in Dalarna, Sweden.

I am not sure though how I will handle the patience needed to endure a bigger ship so I figured it would be a good idea to start small
Welcome aboard, and about patience... you will discover that the build on such a ship gives more satisfation then the ready build ship.

Welcome, great choice of model, just completed it, enjoyed making it more of a challenge than a mainstream kit, but quality of materials is excellent.

Being a retired sailor, teacher and cabinet maker it so happened that I watched a number of instructional videos on Youtube about building wooden ship models and I was hooked. I am not sure though how I will handle the patience needed to endure a bigger ship so I figured it would be a good idea to start small. I am happy to have found this forum as I'm destined to run into some problems as time goes by and good advice seems plentiful here. I live in Dalarna, Sweden.
Hallo @Bertil54
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your modeling going? Any project actual on the working desk?

Welcome aboard.
Sailor and carpenter....a good mixture for a great model maker.

Back