In Memory Geoff Wilson (Aussie048)

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

geoff.jpg

It is with much sorrow that we must say goodbye to a good friend and modeler of wooden ships. I have learned as of yesterday the passing (death) of Geoff Wilson. Others including myself had noticed Geoff's absence on the forums. None of us realized the fullest extent of what people are facing in their personal and private lives until things like this happens.
We should always be mindful of when we miss people as we do not know the things they might be struggling with. I have always and still refer to Ships of Scale as more of about people.
We should always be a big brother to those that have been done wrong by other persons and personalities. It was Geoff that I met and grew to become more and more familiar with him as I talked to him regularly on the phone. I am happy that Geoff was able to find a "home" on SOS as I felt compelled to made him Moderator and Administrator. This was my way of making good into his life after his misfortunes with other model ship personalities.
If you are reading this as a guest, or from another forum, it would be good for you to know that SOS is a "home" for all those that enjoy the hobby - no matter what you build. It should be a place that people feel safe and secure, and like Geoff was able to finish out his life in peace on this forum.
I pray that Geoff is in Gods hands right now and that our Lord has the biggest and best workbench and a huge stack of models to work on and to continue to build and be in peace.

To our brother and friend, Geoff Wilson !

Last edited:
I was probably the closest person to Geoff. He lived on his own in a small apartment and never married or had children.
I was in regular contact with him by email and phone, and he would come over to my workshop occasionally.
It was surprising that he didn't return my calls and messages the last few weeks so I drove over to his small aparment yesterday morning to be told by his neighbours he had died.

He had no close family which is a terrible shame, but then again he enjoyed being an active member of this forum. So to all the active members here, thank you for enriching Geoff's life.

I just found out about Geoff. He was always there to help anyone, ANY time, no matter when.
He would not only be missed by me, but from the rest of HIS family here on SOS.
MAY OUR LORD TAKE HIM INTO HIS HOME AND SHOW GEOFF, HIS LOVE AND MERCY.
I knew, be was a believer, but he wasn't a church goer. No matter what Geoff, was a good and decent gentleman.
Rest in peace mate.
Greg and Luz.

I had never direct contact with Geoff, but it is obvious, that he was a very helpful and close friend of the members here in SOS.
I hope, that there are plenty of models to be built, there where he is now. And a lot of other modeler friends from the past.
Rest In Peace

I didn't know Geoff and never had any kind of personal contact with him, but it is always sad when we lose a fellow ship modeler. I find it even more sad that he didn't have any family to be there with him when the end was near. We all need some sort of family or very close friends to provide a shoulder to cry on from time to time or encouragement when needed. May he rest in peace now.

Bob

Hello Ship Mates

I am truly very sorry to hear of Geoff's passing, this is a real shocker to me. Geoff and I have been friends for many years now both on the SOS and also on other forms. He was always ready to help in any way that he could and expected very little but friendship in return.

I did realize that Geoff had a few problems but he never complained. I will miss him very much, Good Buy Geoff.

Regards Lawrence

BRIAN AND ALL HE GAVE BACK TO THIS FORUM AND THE SHIP MODELING FAMILY MANY TIMES MORE THEN HE RECEIVED, HE JUST ENJOYED HELPING PEOPLE AGAIN RIP DEAR FRIEND AND MAY OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR FIND A PLACE FOR YOU ALONG WITH THE GREATS IT IS WHERE YOU BELONG. Don

I am impressed by all these kind words. Geoff sure was a great guy considering how much he is being regretted. I am sorry that I did not know him. I would like to have a look at what he did build and learn to know what he was busy with. My thought to all those fellows modellers who were his friends.

Sad news

It is sad news to read about the passing of a dear friend/brother.

It also saddens me that I will never see him in this world.
Geoff was coming over to see me in New Zealand he was going to be brave as he said he did not like flying.

I cannot say any more apart from R.I.P Geoff will see you in a better place soon, we will finish the ships then together.

God bless you my dear friend/brother.

Denis.

I am Shocked and deeply saddened to hear of Geoff's death. I only got to talk to Geoff once in the google hangout of JosephH. Geoff and I shared threads on SOS an an email or two just to stay in touch. This is very difficult for me to have to type these words of good bye to a good and gentle man. Geoff was always there with words of encouragement and helping tips for me and for any and all modelers. He told me once that he did not have many people he called friend and Brian he counted you as one of those. I offer my most sincere condolences and sympathy to Geoff's family, both blood relations and SOS. I know Geoff loved this forum and will be missed by one and all. Good bye and R.I.P. Geoff I'm sure God has a special place for you in Paradise.

Back