Inexpensive Chinese fishing boat kit " Nxos "

I bought this kit with the intention of getting my grandsons involved with model ship building. These kits can be found for under $10, and I purchased one for each of us. There are more expensive up-scaled versions, even RC versions, the length of this is small at 9 1/2 inches. One could use the kit as a template and enlarge the parts and have a really big boat if wanted. I built mine to show them how it can look completed. I think I may have gone too far but it does show what can be done with this kit and some imagination. Without any knowledge at all I can say that this would be frustrating to build. With prior experience with wooden ship model building, it can be a refreshing break from serious builds. While purely fictional, as some aspects of this kit don't make any sense, there can be some realism found here. Deleting some kit parts, all are of wood, adding brass parts instead, can bring it to life. I have yet to make a propeller and add the life rings on my build. Here it is anyway.

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3019.JPG

IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3024.JPG

I bought this kit with the intention of getting my grandsons involved with model ship building. These kits can be found for under $10, and I purchased one for each of us. There are more expensive up-scaled versions, even RC versions, the length of this is small at 9 1/2 inches. One could use the kit as a template and enlarge the parts and have a really big boat if wanted. I built mine to show them how it can look completed. I think I may have gone too far but it does show what can be done with this kit and some imagination. Without any knowledge at all I can say that this would be frustrating to build. With prior experience with wooden ship model building, it can be a refreshing break from serious builds. While purely fictional, as some aspects of this kit don't make any sense, there can be some realism found here. Deleting some kit parts, all are of wood, adding brass parts instead, can bring it to life. I have yet to make a propeller and add the life rings on my build. Here it is anyway.
Hallo @Jonwithanhinalpena
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Jonwithanhinalpena
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back