Interpretor for Amati instructions

Warning....it seems when u buy model made in Italy u need to know how to read Italian and this probably applies to models from Spain and others...

I feel this info is not mentioned much and it's kind of important...I now have a model with instructions I can't read☹️

Come on people......how do you handle this? Only buy from company in English speaking country?
I e- mail Amati to inquire about English instructions but nothing yet.

Hi there,
in my opinion you just need to follow the step by step diagrams. In addition, you could search for a build log of that model and use it as a reference.

Ok.....thanks for replying. IF my assumption is correct there is a market for a interpretation of these kits instructions. I would pay to have a copy I could understand. Yes, there's lots of work arounds but the English speaking world is huge...why ignore it?
Maybe I should offer such a service....

Amati,.....HMS Hunter ww I-II Q ship....
My second build.....many blueprints and thick instructions so
There must be something worth saying.
I just started and no issue so far and have just found there are apps that will interpret so it just turns out to be more ' work's for me.....a little less enjoyable.

I lived in Italy for 40+ years and speak the language quite well. If I can give you a hand with anything, I'd be glad to help.

Use Google Translate on your smartphone. You can automatically translate from any language to any language via the camera. Functions perfectly. I use it to tranlate the building plan instructions from italian to dutch.

Warning....it seems when u buy model made in Italy u need to know how to read Italian and this probably applies to models from Spain and others...

I feel this info is not mentioned much and it's kind of important...I now have a model with instructions I can't read☹️
1. Get an Italian dictionary (and a few other Italian language books over amazon and get to studying)! Learning Italian is not all that difficult, it is a Romance language. I did the same thing with French and have translated a number of Boudriot's monographs and built the models. I can't speak the French, but I can read all his books.

It is surprising that Amati did not supply the instructions in English. The best way ahead is to be persistant and keep asking the company to provide them. Did you buy directly from Amati or through a distributor, in which case the vendor should be able to help you further. Best of luck.

Here is my interpretation of these instructions. Of course there is always room for improvement and I welcome any comments or suggestions.

Figure 30

In questa figura si illustra il posizionamento della murata, che dovrà terminare esattamente sulla metà della chiglia ed incollata solo sulla ordinata 12 e sul bordo del riempimento di poppa.

L’incollaggio della murata si effettuerà solo dopo il passo 34 ovvero la completa rastrematura dello scafo per l’applicazione del fasciame.

In this figure we show you the position of the bulwark, which must finish up exactly with the middle of the keel, and be glued only to frame 12 and the edge of the stern filler.

The bulwark will be glued only after you finish instruction 34, that is to say, after you finish sanding the hull prior to planking.

Figures 31-32

Rastremare la parte alta verso prua così come indicato dalle figure.

Camber the upper part towards the bow as shown in the illustration.

Figure 33.

Questa figura illustra il posizionamento della murata che dovrà essere incollata solamente nei punti indicati dalle frecce

This picture shows the position of the bulwark which must be glued only where shown by the arrows.

Figure 34.

Incollare le murate seguendo attentamente i punti di incollaggio indicati dalla Figura 30 (estremità ordinate 12 e bordo riempimento di poppa) e dalla Figura 33 (estremità ordinata 02, riempimento di prua e bordo inferiore della murata sotto la linea del ponte).

Questa figura illustra in trasparenza il corso del fasciame lungo il bordo delle ordinate.

Glue the bulwarks carefully following the glue points as shown in Figure 30, (edge of frame 12 and edge of stern filler), and in Figure 33, (edge of frame 02, bow filler and lower edge of the bulwark below the line of the deck).

This figure shows in overlay, how the planking follows the curve of the bulkheads.

Figure 36.

In questa figura non sono rappresentate le ordinate per una maggiore chiarezza grafica atta ad indicare i corsi del fasciame. Procedere al posizionamento dl fasciame, applicando il primo listello partendo dal bordo delle murate in alto verso prua.

In this figure we have omitted to show the bulkheads to give a better idea of how the planking strips should be applied. The first planking strip should be applied starting from the upper edge of the bulwarks towards the bow.

But I would also try to contact Amati via a mail- I am sure they are able to send a pdf of an english manual

But also the way with a translation app is helping - btw I´did this already for a chinese manual and it worked well

Thanks again for the translation...I also sent Amati message.
I had success with app. To translate but only 3 free picture per day so by the time I got set up to work I had used them up... hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do a page and save it.

If it helps any, if you Google, iit comes with an app called... Lens ...
There is a choice on main screen called ... Translate ... It works quite well and best of all....its free...Give it a try, one small piece of advice, try to get whole sentence or paragraph in view....

Hey RC Flyer.
Sorry, I came to this party late. First, I would look completely through the instruction book and see if there is a different section of the book that is in English. If there is not, I would suggest you contact contact the company or of of their many distributors to see if they have one that is updated or in English (although it seems like you already contacted the manufacturer). Failing those, I would point you toward the suggestions above.

I hope you already solved this issue and my comment here is not needed. :)

Jeff

Back