Introducing myself

Hi All, just found your great forum. I live in Sydney Australia and have been building RC scale ship models for many years and sailing them with St George Model boat Club at our club pond at Scarborough Park Monterey opposite Botany bay in Sydney. I build vessels that catch my imagination and include military themes as well as commercial and recreational craft. My 2 latest projects were both 1/72 scale RC models of HMAS Sydney (2) and its nemesis KM Kormoron the German commerce raider. Both sank in a battle during WW2, the HMAS sydney lost with all hands but most of the Kormoron crew surviving to tell the tale. I found this forum looking for details on the Occre Ulises tug kit which I plan to build next.

Welcome,
Could you show us some of your work?
What you say seems interesting. Thank you.
As for the Ulyses on YTBE you can find videos of its construction like this:
Cheers

Welcome,
Could you show us some of your work?
What you say seems interesting. Thank you.
As for the Ulyses on YTBE you can find videos of its construction like this:
Cheers

partizanka model.jpg

chris craft corvette.JPG

hmas sydney pic.jpg

kormoron.jpg

raf asrl.jpg

sydney extra pic.jpg

sydney pic 12.jpg

QM2 pics 012.jpg

IMG_7610.JPG

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
a very interesting collection of RC-models :cool:

Hi All, just found your great forum. I live in Sydney Australia and have been building RC scale ship models for many years and sailing them with St George Model boat Club at our club pond at Scarborough Park Monterey opposite Botany bay in Sydney. I build vessels that catch my imagination and include military themes as well as commercial and recreational craft. My 2 latest projects were both 1/72 scale RC models of HMAS Sydney (2) and its nemesis KM Kormoron the German commerce raider. Both sank in a battle during WW2, the HMAS sydney lost with all hands but most of the Kormoron crew surviving to tell the tale. I found this forum looking for details on the Occre Ulises tug kit which I plan to build next.

st roch 3.jpg

st roch 2.jpg

st roch 1.jpg

Thes are pics of the Billings kit of the St Roch converted to RC. This is a small and very top heavy model as built from kit so it has been highly modified with very light superstructure and lead ballast incorporated into the keel. The ballast is invisible as it is faired into the hull bottom. The model sails very well and is very stable. Other sailing RC models I have seen on youtube of this kit have used false keel extension hanging down from bottom of hull, I have avoided this by the lightweight build and incorporated lead ballast inside hull.

Welcome from sunny Florida

Back