Introduction

Greetings All. Tom here. I have lived the last 56 years in Charlottesville/Albemarle co, VA but was born and raised 5th generation "Baghdad-By-The Bay". I live with my wife of 50 years, my daughters and their husbands and 3 grandchildren in a farm and I am a one model pony. I was 7 when I saw a drawing of the James M Donahue in a book and decided I would some day make a working model if her. 25 years later I started research and have been working on her ever since. I am self taught so, like Edison, I know 10000 things that won't work and done a few off-the-wall things that did. I am here hoping the next time I run into a roadblock I won't ruminate on it for 5 years but perhaps get some expert help.

Welcome aboard SOS, Oldwhip!! We are glad you found us and just so you know, we eager to help!!

Yes. Not so many from the '70s & '80s but more from later on. Perhaps I should start a blog but I would have to go back to the beginning and that could be boring.

Here are a couple probably from the early '90s

Attachments

• DSCN0548.JPG
    DSCN0548.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0522-002.JPG
    DSCN0522-002.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0523.JPG
    DSCN0523.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0524.JPG
    DSCN0524.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 17
Perhaps I should start a blog but I would have to go back to the beginning and that could be boring.
Unless you really wanted to start the log from the beginning, it is not necessary. The build log can be started from any point of assembly\construction. No such thing as a boring log here at SOS!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Greetings All. Tom here. I have lived the last 56 years in Charlottesville/Albemarle co, VA but was born and raised 5th generation "Baghdad-By-The Bay". I live with my wife of 50 years, my daughters and their husbands and 3 grandchildren in a farm and I am a one model pony. I was 7 when I saw a drawing of the James M Donahue in a book and decided I would some day make a working model if her. 25 years later I started research and have been working on her ever since. I am self taught so, like Edison, I know 10000 things that won't work and done a few off-the-wall things that did. I am here hoping the next time I run into a roadblock I won't ruminate on it for 5 years but perhaps get some expert help.
Hallo Tom alias @OldWhip
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo Tom alias @OldWhip
Birthday-Cake

Hallo Tom alias @OldWhip
Birthday-Cake
Happy Birthday Tom!
Yes. Not so many from the '70s & '80s but more from later on. Perhaps I should start a blog but I would have to go back to the beginning and that could be boring.
Here are a couple probably from the early '90s
It was nice to see you started the build of the Paddle Steamer James M Donahue over more than a decad. The build of my Lee took also ‘some time’. Sill no time to start a build-log?
Regards, Peter

Hallo Tom alias @OldWhip
Birthday-Cake

Back