Is the length of the HMS Victory measured from stern to bowsprit?

I know that the Victory is listed in Wikipedia at 227' 6". To what does that length apply? Is it from the sternmost part of the rail aft to the tip of the bowsprit?

Thanks for any help with this. I am starting a digital project. An interactive walkthrough of the HMS Victory. Slightly ambitious for me but being recently retired I am going to jump in with both feet (as time permits.

Starting will be blocky with little detail but doing this stage to work out the kinks of popping the model in a game engine like Unity 3d to do tests of the interactive parts...work out the problems before putting in all the detail. That first stage will help me find the direction I need to take in the subsequent stages of developing the model.

So I would like to be close as far as measurements go.

Per scaled drawings from my book the 100 gun ship Victory. Length is 227 feet. I just measured for you. A few inches could be an accumulated errors in drawing and my crude measurements.
9DFA2CDA-D559-446E-AF98-8590860C9049.jpegimage.jpg

Thanks Y.T. I found this that answers my question pretty much. Looks like it goes from the stern railing to the figurehead on the beak.

measureVictory.jpg

I know that the Victory is listed in Wikipedia at 227' 6". To what does that length apply? Is it from the sternmost part of the rail aft to the tip of the bowsprit?

Thanks for any help with this. I am starting a digital project. An interactive walkthrough of the HMS Victory. Slightly ambitious for me but being recently retired I am going to jump in with both feet (as time permits.

Starting will be blocky with little detail but doing this stage to work out the kinks of popping the model in a game engine like Unity 3d to do tests of the interactive parts...work out the problems before putting in all the detail. That first stage will help me find the direction I need to take in the subsequent stages of developing the model.

Hallo @michaelws
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @michaelws
We wish you all the best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Back