ISO Billings Boats Fittings Kits

I am in need of 3 Billings Boats Fittings Kits which are all discontinued. I have tried various retail channels with not so much progress, either, which is understandable considering the age of the model kits.

Here is the list

1. Golden Hind (Ship Kit No. 480) Fittings Kit Number: 481

2. Cutty Sark Ship Model Number: 459 (fittings kit number is not present on box or manual)

3. Jylland (Ship Kit No. 465) Fittings Kit Number: 466

These are wonderful, vintage models ship kits I would love to build, but am missing the fittings kits. Thanks for any/all help and guidance.

Last edited:
This is a wonderful approach: "If the plans/manual tell you what fittings you should have, can you source them in the correct scale from aftermarket suppliers?," but I have challenges to report.

1. The Golden Hind's (Ship Kit No. 480) manual says that within the manual is a list of the fittings needed to complete the kit. The manual is not missing any pages and I am unable to find the list of fittings. I have looked over the included parts list which is in the manual including the color schemes and I am unable to see where the fittings would be listed. All of the parts list point to the plate number with the "loose" pieces listed.

2. For, Cutty Sark Ship Model Number: 459 and Jylland (Ship Kit No. 465) Fittings Kit Number: 466, the manuals are complete, but do not say that the fittings kits parts are listed, however, both manuals do list the parts and color schemes.

Is there something I am missing? Help is appreciated. Thank you

I have found billings to be pretty helpful with parts etc. Least they might do is send you a list of fittings. Try their www site.

A quick search revealed these sites in relation to your:
Cutty Sark:
Including pictures of the list and pictures of the fittings.
Golden Hind:
Jylland:

Hope it helps.

I am in need of 3 Billings Boats Fittings Kits which are all discontinued. I have tried various retail channels with not so much progress, either, which is understandable considering the age of the model kits.

Here is the list

2. Cutty Sark Ship Model Number: 459 (fittings kit number is not present on box or manual)

These are wonderful, vintage models ship kits I would love to build, but am missing the fittings kits. Thanks for any/all help and guidance.
I have over my time as a builder, made 3 Norske Love. The 1Th was not even Laser Cut, and all fittings were of plastic -Deadeyes, single blocks, double Blocks etc. They are all there, but many -Deadeyes, Blokoks etc is today of Wood and has another name. Download the Instruction Manual -PDF format -and you will see, that they are all there. When the wooden fittings came on the market, I bought them at my local shop, and changes all those riggen plastic part with the right ones. begore the deadeye was a flat piece of plastic with 3 holes and a ringbolt in plastic too. No change to rig the Deadeye correctly. Same with blook-made in one piece with the ringbolt too. No wat to insert a Hook etc . images build 1970-72

Attachments

• 01 Norske love 1.jpg
    01 Norske love 1.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 13

Here is the list

I have just joined the group as I think I have one of the fittings kits no 481. I may be too late but please let me know if you are interested.

@JanB I was able to get 481, but still need Sark and Jylland fittings, as per:

1. Cutty Sark Ship Model Number: 459 (fittings kit number is not present on box or manual)

2. Jylland (Ship Kit No. 465) Fittings Kit Number: 466

Glad you found one set you were looking for. Sorry I don't have any more. Just sorting out my late father's belongings and came across your request on line. Good luck

Apologies if I have joined the group for the wrong reason. Just looking for good homes and someone who is genuinely interested.

Cornwall Model Boats have Billings fittings kits for both the Cutty Sark and Jylland in stock. Both kits are still listed as well on the Billings site.
Hope this helps

Nigel

@Nigeld thanks for that, but iso the fittings kits for the vintage models. Boxes included. The newer fittings kits don’t work/fit on the older/vintage models.

Attachments

• 88F34572-A3C4-4229-B675-4A0F009D0EE4.jpeg
    88F34572-A3C4-4229-B675-4A0F009D0EE4.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 12
  • 1DD44CD4-88D8-464C-9CEF-C4113A215CD4.jpeg
    1DD44CD4-88D8-464C-9CEF-C4113A215CD4.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 33966C10-04CD-4103-9981-A2470E2A9E60.jpeg
    33966C10-04CD-4103-9981-A2470E2A9E60.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 3B249433-F1CB-4BCA-BCBD-12DFD74E1BDC.jpeg
    3B249433-F1CB-4BCA-BCBD-12DFD74E1BDC.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 10
No problem. Thought it was worth a go.
Good luck with your search.

Nigel

This is a wonderful approach: "If the plans/manual tell you what fittings you should have, can you source them in the correct scale from aftermarket suppliers?," but I have challenges to report.

1. The Golden Hind's (Ship Kit No. 480) manual says that within the manual is a list of the fittings needed to complete the kit. The manual is not missing any pages and I am unable to find the list of fittings. I have looked over the included parts list which is in the manual including the color schemes and I am unable to see where the fittings would be listed. All of the parts list point to the plate number with the "loose" pieces listed.

2. For, Cutty Sark Ship Model Number: 459 and Jylland (Ship Kit No. 465) Fittings Kit Number: 466, the manuals are complete, but do not say that the fittings kits parts are listed, however, both manuals do list the parts and color schemes.

Is there something I am missing? Help is appreciated. Thank you

1695267528345-a1ee2aa3-06b8-42ea-b033-3e7354a427d0_.jpg

Back